Do you think it is weird and do you think it might help?

Wombat

Married mum of 2:)
Reaction score
Hi girls :)

I have been succesfully breastfeeding my LO for 7 weeks now. So I have enought to express...

The thing is that I got swine flu and I know how good for babies mums milk is (with antibodies and stuff)...

So I decided to express and give it to my 2 year old too in hope that he won't get ill...

He had it now for 2 days around twice a day, 2 oz at a time...

Do you think it is ok?

can't imagine why it wouldnt be, sounds like a good idea to me, but i'm not an expert x

yeah it does sound like a good idea! mb worth asking some experts on amounts cuz 2oz doesnt seem alot 4 a 2yr old! just out if curiosity how is he taking it now? as in does he like the taste! x

I dont think its weird, I actually gave Erica some a couple of weeks ago when we all had a bad cold. She drank it and she seemed to get over the cold quicker than the rest of us, except Carter barely got it, just the sniffles. Glad your lo took it! :)

I think that sounds like a great idea! I would do it too if I had older kids. O/T but at one of my breastfeeding classes someone was saying that she put EBM on her grans eye when she had conjunctavitis (sp?) and it cleared it right up, albeit I think it took a bit of persuading on her grans part :rofl:
x

Thanks girls:hugs:

bana - he doesn't like it much... I had to bribe him with a chocolate:blush: (a small bit :) )
As for amount - he doesn't have it as a main food, more like an after meal "treat" :winkwink:

I, too, think it is fine, not weird, and a great idea! :thumbup:

I would do it, too, if I had a toddler! :mrgreen:

Nope, I think its a really good idea!! You'll have to let us know whether it does stop your older boy getting it too!!
I dont think I could find anything to bribe my older 2 with to get them to drink it lol.
I read somewhere that breastmilk is 100% sterile so it can be used for sterilising stuff too - so I can understand the theory behind the conjunctivitus thing!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->