Do you use FMU with Clearblue digital OPKs??

Juniperjules

Reaction score
I've just started using the digital Clearblue OPK's, they say in the leaflet that u can use first morning urine, & honestly that's most convenient for me. I have to drink heaps of water thru the day as per my Chinese medicine lady so trying not to drink for 4hrs is a bit hard.

However, someone has mentioned that I SHOULDN'T use FMU.

What are other peoples opinions if u have used the Clearblue OPKS??

Im sorry I dont have any answers for you...I have a box of cb digis sitting here for my next cycle....using cheapies just now. I always thought you shouldnt use fmu...like you though it would be a heck of a lot easier to use fmu! xx

Im sorry I dont have any answers for you...I have a box of cb digis sitting here for my next cycle....using cheapies just now. I always thought you shouldnt use fmu...like you though it would be a heck of a lot easier to use fmu! xx

I've decided I'll try doing the OPKS later in the day... Around 2-4pm.. I'm just so worried I'm gonna miss the LH surge! The last 2 months have been a disaster bcos my cycle has been messing around for the first time in about 10years. And cheapie OPKS which have previously worked for me were very ambiguous with no clear results. Am really hoping the CB OPKS work.

Thanks for ur reply!

My FS says LH surge peaks between 10am-12pm. If you use FMU it would be a false positive...it would be overly concentrated but not a true positive.....correct me if I'm wrong ladies. I would test from 10am-6pm....like the cheapie package insert says. Also, I used the Clearblue for months...I actually like seeing the line get darker on my cheapie tests, so I know more clearly if the day is coming...with Clearblue, you dont get to see that.

Im going back to work soon after losing my first baby...I work different shifts so its going to be hard to try and do my opk's at the same time everyday - I'll just need to try!

Stayinhappy - youve got a point! I also like to see the lines getting darker too!

xx

I also read that you shouldn't use FMU as the LH surge happens after 10am, but I was sceptical - how does your body know what time it is?!

Anyway, this month I tested the theory by doing tests in the evening and morning. In the evening one day it was clearly negative, then the morning was positive, so testing anytime should be fine x

Thanks Katteh!! Today ive found that to be true also : )

Thank you SO much for your replies girls!!!! I am ecstatic right now bcos I got my smiley face this morning!!!!! You'd think it was a BFP I got considering how excited & relieved I am!!!!

So I did an OPK yesterday at 11am & 5pm. Both negative. I've done one this morning at 10.40 & I've got my smiley face!! Yay!! After 2 months of messed up cycles & missing my Ov by days (could see it looking back at my temp bit that didn't exactly help) I am so happy to see that smiley face.

I've also read that u shouldn't use FMU. And in the past when using Internet cheapies I always did them later in the day.

Today I was going to test twice again. I decided that if the instructions for the Clearblue OPKS said FMU was ok then maybe I should trust that. I figured these products must undergo rigorous testing for them to state this... But I didn't trust it enough to ONLY use FMU.

So am happy to report back that FMU did work. Mind you, I'm a nurse & a shift worker too pinksparkles, so I actually didn't do my FMU till 10.40 as I went to bed very late which is normal for me.

Sayinhappy you answered a question I've had for a while- is there a time of day that Ov happens. So knowing ur FS says b/w 10-2pm is helpful. It does kind of make sense to me that it would happen not at an exact time but a 'period' of time. Our bodies are kind of controlled by a circadian rhythm which controls all this kind of stuff, if ur interested I've cut & pasted some info below (the nurse in me is a bit of a nerd & I like to know why everything happens!)

"Circadian rhythms are physical, mental and behavioral changes that follow a roughly 24-hour cycle, responding primarily to light and darkness in an organism’s environment. Circadian rhythms can change sleep-wake cycles, hormone release, body temperature and other important bodily functions".

Anyway... Am just happy I can start BDing finally! Such a relief.

Ps. Pinksparkles am really sorry for your loss. I can only imagine wot you've been thru. Good luck with your journey x

All very interesting information ladies!! So very helpful! Thanks Juniperjules....very helpful! Best of luck to us all!!!

Thanks for this. I got cbot's and was confused about using fmu too. I think I will try it with fmu this morning x(currently still in bed lol)

Im using tescos own brand £7 for 7..... today I used second morning urine. First pee was at 7am then tested at 11am with nothing to drink in between. I'll post my results....

The first pic is CD 11 (top) CD 12 (middle) CD 13 (bottom).....I wasnt sure what was going on as my lines seemed to be getting lighter? All tests where taken between 1-2pm with holding pee in for 3 hours with very limited drinks.

This pic is this mornings at 11am with SMU....Seems alot more positive? hmmmmm?

Maybe SMU is the way to go?? x

Attachments

• Last 3 OPK's.jpg
    Last 3 OPK's.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Opk 11th oct.jpg
    Opk 11th oct.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 13
I used cb digi one cycle and used fmu and it was a false positive I think they're very misleading to tell you to use fmu as I did another with the cb digi to check immediately after with smu and it was neg! Wouldn't use them again if I needed to! Xx

I have been using the clearblue digi Ovulation kit, the first day I used it was at 8.15pm, then after reading it, it said must be used around the same time everyday. For 3 days I did this, then last night it had an error, think it was too less urine, so done it again at 10pm and got a smiley face! Yee Haa :thumbup:
I am going to do another tonight, I am a bit scepticle that this was an error too, hope not!
Does anybody know how many days the test should say we are ovulating? And how many days we should be having sex to conceive?

Sorry for the long words, not up with the abbreviation thing yet! ha ha

I just thought u wud bed the day get smiley face,day after and perhaps day after and guess you ovulate a couple or 3 day after you get first smiley face.Ive just started using these too and got first smiley face yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->