Do you wake your baby....

lou_w34

mummy <3
Reaction score
when they do a poo in their sleep?

I used to change scarlett if i heard her poo in her sleep, which used to wake her up and then she wouldnt go back to sleep.

Then i read its ok to leave babies if they do poo until they next wake up, which is what im doing now.

But i feel guilty for leaving her with a pooey bum... even though she is perfectly happy to sleep in her own poo :haha:

xx

Nope. I don't wake up Cameron. God, he would go all day with a poopie diaper if I didn't change it! LOL....

yup! if i smell a messy bum, il change it, otherwise its leaking and everywhere by the morning!! yukky! lol

xx

Definitely not, she gets very grouchy when woken up and I'd never get her back to sleep! She doesn't care if she stays in her own poo all night :sick:

Yes, I always change a poo diaper when I notice or hear it even at night. But I can normally get him back to bed quite quickly if I don't talk to him and make it a quick change, so he's still pretty sleepy. Although, he stopped pooing at night around 2 months old... he saves those for the daytime.. and normally when it's MY turn to change him! lol

Adi doesn't poo in his sleep, usually, but sometimes he'll pass gas and it'll be a little...wet...

I change his poo bum every time, but he can sleep in his pee until he wakes next.

It depends on her stage of sleeping if she out heavy I'll go head and change, if she just zonked out I'll wait a bit. Honestly I don't feel comfy leaving dirty diapers on her for long periods of time rather if she sleeping beauty or not, lol.

Evie makes such a racket when she's pooing that she always wakes herself up anyways. We then have to wait half an hour for her to fill her nappy :lol: She's very vocal, grunting, groaning, making the odd giggling noise (too early for real giggles tho!) and does a whole abundance of vocalisations when pooping, and not cos she's constipated! Far from it lol!
I have been surprised by what we call her silent poos before tho!

I dont know about poo, but if pee is on the baby's skin for an extended time doesnt it irritate because of the acidity? I change when I know that the diaper is wet/dirty.

A poopy diaper? Yes always, every single time, there is no way I'd leave thaton them if I knew it was there lol. There were a couple times I didn't know they had and they got rashes from it and it would be all stuck to them and I felt awful. So no matter what if they were sleeping and dirty they were changed

My LO normally only poos half way through a feed so a majority of the time hes awake..

If he does one asleep it normally wakes him - though if he was fast on I would probably leave him a little while he gets super grouchy if I wake him.

Personally I wouldn't wake him to change him. Having said that he normally poos in the mornings these days. During nappy free time for the last two days - might have to change our timings slightly, LOL!

Wouldn't wake him as he's a nightmare to get back to sleep. He's happy so dont wanna make him grumpy by waking him.

It doesn't irritate him bum and often he goes earlt morning so hes not been in it all night

We used to change Holly's at her dreamfeed (around 10.30/11) then not til the following morning at 7, she totally wakes up when you take her nappy off...

Since last week though she has terrible nappy rash due to teething, so she gets her nappy changed if she so much as farts!

sounds a bit weird, but it depends on the scale of the poo! If it's a little trumpy poo, I'll leave it, as she gets super grumpy if woken up...however, it's several trumps in a row...I'll wake her up, as I don't want wet/poo on her for any length of time

Hannah has never done one in her sleep - i actuly thought they didnt do it!! haha she will prob do it 2nite now ive said it

Unless he wakes up (like he is right now) from pooing in his diaper while asleep (same with wee) I don't wake him. I tried it a few times when he was a week or two old and well, Cole didn't care much for it. Usually he can sleep with the poo, but wee makes him sqeal like a banshee!

Well, it's off to change a poo diaper and BF! :)

I'd change it if it's pooey, wet I'd leave.
I don't like leaving them in dirty nappies as dealing with a baby with bad nappy rash is soooo much worse than struggling to get one back to sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->