"Do you want to have a baby?" questions

Lillybee

Reaction score
My OH and I have been ttc for the past couple of months. It already feels like ages. Before then people would sometimes ask us when we were starting a family and we'd say 'Oh, in a year or two'. Now that we are properly ttc it seems like everyone is asking us left, right and centre!!! No family members know we're ttc (just friends) but it's become annoying everytime we see family & answer the same old questions. I saw the same family member a few times last month and they asked the same thing every time.:dohh:
Just wondering what your replies are! Sometimes feel like bluring out, 'well for your info we're ttc!!'

But that would ruin the suprise! Still if its annoying enough.....:hugs:

I always think its rude when people ask that. You might not even want children or have been trying for years! People should mind their own business! Lol!

I tell them to wait and see!!

I know the feeling, its one of the reasons I hate going to family functions. I have a cousin thats about the same age as me and it seems like if she sneezes she has a kid (she's 30 and just had #5) and its her parents that are always asking me when I'm going to have kids and that I need to catch up to her. It's so frustrating.

I always pretend like I am not thinking about kids at all and tell the that DH and I have a few more things we want to do before that happens. That shuts them up for 3 to 6 months. I haven't told a soul about us TTC. I like it that way.

Glad we're all in the same boat then. Yes, people should mind their own business shouldn't they grrr! I think I'm a bit touchy because there's a family get together this weekend with my OH's family and I'm sure I'm going to get the same old questions - actually it's usually them that ask, not so much women members, more the men, typical!

I was at Easter last year and a cousin brought a new girlfriend (that I'd never met previously) who knew DH and I had just gotten married- she asked if there was going to be a baby for her to play with by next Easter. The difficult part was that I WAS actually pregnant- but had been bleeding for about a week and was figuring that it would be a loss. I'd told my parents the exciting/sad news "I'm pregnant for the first time, but am also probably miscarrying it" just that morning- they were the only ones we wanted to know- not the extended family. Besides them no one else really understood why I was acting so "strange".

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->