Do you wear anything to flatten your postpartum belly?

Jelly Bean

Queen and little prince
Reaction score
Hi girls, I'm sure this topic has come up before but I couldn't find it in a search. :shrug:

Very curious as to whether you all are wearing any sort of garment meant to smoosh and tighten up your belly, such as girdles or grandma-underpants with control panels. Maybe there are others, dunno.

My doctor told me outright to wear them, do they really work? It seems so unscientific. I am wearing control underwear.

Thx ladies :howdy:

I don't but I was lucky and back in my size 10 jeans 5 days later. x

i dont wear anything but i have a 'kangaroo pouch' from my section. i have lost weight from arounf my bottom and stomach but need a bigger size because of this x

i dont wear anything but i have a 'kangaroo pouch' from my section. i have lost weight from arounf my bottom and stomach but need a bigger size because of this x

That is exactly what I have and that's what my dr. recommended the underpants for... :blush:

i was wondering this too, ive lost the weight but i have the saggy belly pouch thing going on

My baby pouch never went after having Em 14 yrs before Hebe. I lost drastic amounts of weight but no go. I wanted a tuck really but hubby talked me out of it when we met....
I dont wear anything apart from size small belly bands to cover my middle when BFing. They have a welcomed side effect of smoothing the pouch a bit but I cant see them helping long term.

Well, I've been wearing control-top underwear for 6 days now and see a definite improvement in the pouch!!

I don't have much of a belly, but I'm then I'm not dead flat either like I used to be. I still have a stone to lose before I'm back to my pre-preg weight, but to be honest I haven't done a thing to try to shift it so far! I haven't got any control pants but I do wear sometimes wear tights that have tummy control, just depends what I'm wearing really.

It's interesting your doctor told you to wear control pants, do they think they can help give a permanent effect then? As I assumed control pants only helped short-term when you actually wear them??

I guess if your abdominal muscles have separated control pants would help squish them back together??? I'd rather do the exercises though... I bought the book but then I found out that my muscles were not separated... d'oh. Another tenner down the drain...

i dont wear control pants but now when i wear tops i always wear a thin strappy top under my tops now makes me feel comfortable and all tighted up lol xx

I wear maternity pants sometimes still. I want Spanx but I don't know if I'm going to spend the money on that or what type of results I'll be able to get after I'm able to work out again :)

I can't imagine there's anything out there that could contain my flabby great gut:cry::rofl:

I actually went looking for some good control pants to 'hold me in' whilst I lost the flab but all the pants I tried on made me look worse! They were that tight my belly hurt after trying them on too.

TBH Its been 11 days since giving birth and my tummy is looking really great considering I have nearly 2 stone to lose, so Im thinking once I lose this my belly will be gone again.:happydance:

Girls...I'm serious...my belly is much flatter and the folds at the sides are diminishing!

what ones do u wear....every type i see to try end up puling my belly and making me look pregnant again it dont flattten it just give me a bump lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->