Do you workout/exercise ?

LoveMy2Boys2

Reaction score
Hi ladies! I have always been pretty active ..... Every since I found out in preg I have been hit by a sleepy train !! I haven't really worked out much since..... Only a bike ride or walk here and there ..... I feel like I need so e more intense but safe daily work outs to keep my energy levels up.....
What is safe and what is not safe??
Can you still use weights? Are jumping jacks ok? Crunches?
Any input is created appreciated !!!
Thanks !

Wow major spell check!!! Sorry! Half asleep and using my phone .....

As far as I am aware if you did a fitness regime before your BFP you are ok to continue in moderation I think they advise against need extreme fitness workouts. I walk every day and I think I will start swimming again and maybe start yoga. Always been happy with my shape and weight and kinda scared I'll lose it. Thought the yoga would be good to keep me toned and relaxed x

I agree with the above. If you were working out *before* pregnancy, it is likely safe to continue with what you were doing. What you don't want to do is increase the intensity or take on any completely new exercise (if you didn't run long distances before, it's not a good idea to start doing that now, etc.). I love fitness, so I'm happy someone posted this!

I workout 3-4 days a week currently, though I've been skipping my daily walks because I'm so tired after work. I primarily strength train for exercise and have been doing so for years. Right now, I'm following the "All Belly Pregnancy" workout series, which was co-written by Flavia DelMonte, a fitness personality I've followed for awhile. I love it. It's easy to follow and gives me recipes and workouts for each trimester! It's nice using something that I feel is safe (created by a trainer who works with pregnant women and Flavia used it while pregnant), and it modifies exercises based on how far along you are. Here's the link:

https://www.allbellypregnancy.com/welcome

Thanks so much ladies!!! I have been doing that Jilllian Michaels 30 day shred for the past yr, along with my own random workouts at home, I only use 3&5lb weights ..... I was concerned about crunches and any weight lifting while laying on back so I have avoided those mainly..... Maybe I'll see what prego work out DVDs are out there.... I should prob stick to something like that so I don't have to question so much .... I expect to gain weight, I don't care about the number on the scale, I just want to feel good, and with my second pregnancy I was much more active than my 2st and my labor was 10 x easier and quicker and less painful, I truly believe its because I was in much better shape and had more energy to do the job! And it would be nice to keep legs and arms toned up lol. Winter pregnancies are scary!! U just want to hibernate and eat comfort food! At least I'll get the first trimester out of the way in the summer!

i have continued to run but cut back to only a M-W-F schedule. i've found that i can't really run the entire distance that i'm used to (3 miles), so i do stop and walk some of it. i have started swimming at least one day a week and i definitely prefer that!

I've had 2 weeks off working out because I was travelling with work, had intended to go to Body Combat last night but MS intervened. Feel okay today so might go later on.

It's hard to know what to do, the pregnancy websites recommend swimming (which I HATE and messes up my hair) and walking (boring and it's usually raining where I live)

I really miss going to the gym though, normally I do Combat/Attack/Spin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->