Do you...

i_am_amy

New mum to Abigail.
Reaction score
change your LOs nappy through the night?

I usually change Abby's nappy before every feed and then in between if she needs it but as she's up every 2-3hours through the night at the moment I wasn't sure when I should be changing her. I've read that you should try not to change your baby through the night so as not to wake them up too much and I'm all for Abby staying sleepy and quiet all night :) Do any of you do this?

Any tips would be great :) xxx

I did in the beginning but she was up a lot more than. Now I just let her sleep through the night. I always need to change her right away when we wake up because I've had some mornings she leaked right through the cloth. :dohh:

my lo is now 11 weeks and has started sleeping through, so no i dont change his nappy through the night, although i have to do it first as soon as he wakes up. i do give him a dream feed bottle about 10.30 - 11.00 ish so tend to change his nappy then tho.

No. I used to change her at her dreamfeed but stopped at about 12 weeks I think. However, my baby is not one who is bothered about the state of her nappy, if she hated a wet nappy I'd prob still change her at her dreamfeed...

I changed Alex for the first 8wks then HV said to leave him be unless it was really wet/dirty.
Now hes bigger i use the Pampers Baby Dry. xx

i dont tend to unless i cant smell something not so nice but hubby seems too.
shes still at that stage where if shes not going to settle, she wont (shes only 2 weeks) so i dont think the nappy changing is disturbing her big time at the mo.
as hubbys back to work tomorrow i guess im on night feeds from now on and will try not to change her!

xx

I used to when he was little, he pood tonnes till about 10 weeks old. I used to change his nappy before feeding him and he fed every 2-3 hours in the beginning. I dont change him overnight now as he sleeps through.

I change my LO if she has a dirty nappy or if it is really full with wet as I have had a couple of incidents where it has leaked and she is all wet.

my baby is one too that doesn't really mind when his nappy is dirty or wet, i know some babies wont settle or that is one of the reasons they cry. My baby is 8 weeks and in the beginning often changed his nappy during his 'night feed' but this would often be around 5am. He now sleeps until 6am sometimes so i will chance his nappy then, if however i happened to notice he had done a dirty then i would lift him to chance him regardless of the time.

I don't change Thomas at night if I can help it because he loves being changed and it really wakes him up, he is all coos and gurgles and little smiles and kicking his legs in the air wildly when getting his nappy changed which is lovely but not good for getting him back to sleep! However, I'm going to have to get some more absorbent nappies as a couple of nights recently his clothes have been wet at about 5 a.m. which was obviously waking him up. But if he had done a poo then I would change him.

We dont change Brandon during the night and stopped doing it at about 6 or 7 weeks old! We use the Pampers Baby Dry nappies and they are great! We usually change him at 11ish when we feed him, and then that lasts him til he gets up the next mornin!! x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->