Do your babies do this too?

Lauki

Mummy and newly pregnant!
Reaction score
When Sophie is feeding during the day, she's forever waving her free arm. It's moving about, touching my face, touching my breast (sometimes even slapping it :haha:), pulling my lips, rubbing her face.

At night when she won't do it, just during the day.

Is this all normal? Should I relax her and hold her arm still? Or just let her do whatever she wants?

Thanks!

Elise does, she slaps a lot and grabs at my neck. She's 10 months and thinks it's funny, so mostly I just try to ignore her or move her hand back if she's hurting me.

He just started doing this! I think it is part of not wanting to stop what he is doing to eat. he will yell at me to eat (yes yells, he squaks at me once or twice, patiently waits for me to pick him up and pull out his lunch from my shirt, and yells again if I am not fast enough!) but when I pick him up he is straining his neck and flapping his arm. I think he is trying to turn over with my boob so he has some different scenery. At night he nurses half asleep with his eyes closed and could care less.

Lol, before I even clicked to read I thought you might say the arm flinging. Even my 2.5 month old has just started doing this. She just slides her hand back and forth on my chest. My last dd did this and eventually it was just my hair she would grab a chunk of and pull and yank and twist up in her hand while she nursed. It hurt sometimes cuz she was not gentle and would frequently rip some of my hair out

I really wonder why they do this exactly!
I normally pull Sophs hand away from her own face, because she scratches herself quite bad.

I'm dreading her being older, because she'll be so much stronger!!

So glad you have posted this, my 3 month old has been doing this for the last few weeks. At least I know it's normal! I let him do it for a bit but then it starts to get irritating so I hold his hand and he seems quite happy with that!

Mine does it too! It's like, hurry up the milk Mum, there is a whole world waiting for me to discover! LOL. I gently hold her arm still, stroke her and she settles down.

Hehe! My LO just likes to grab onto my clothes and hold on tight as if to say "you're not going anywhere mum until I'm done !"

My LO does this too! I used to keep her in scratch mitts as she loves clawing her face but took them off when she turned one month. She is soooo expressive with her hands, when she is feeding calmly she unfurls her fingers, sometimes she will wave them around madly when drinking if she is really hungry, others times she likes to play with her ears, either poking them or flipping them the other way. I love it when she puts her hand on my boob, like she is holding a drink- I guess like how ff babies would hold their bottles. So cute!

LO is almost 7 months and has done this from around 5 weeks old! It has got worse! I am actually covered in scratches and look like my boobs have been mauled by a cat - seriously! I have had to resort to putting mittens on her, which she HATES as she cannot grab at me, my hair, her hair, ear etc etc!

Another question - Do you find LO massages your breast too, whilst feeding, alot like you see kittens doing it to the mummy cat!? I figure she has worked out that by doing this more milk flows out, which yes it does, but it gets annoying after a while!

Yes! Thomas started doing that about then.

Now he pinches my free nipple and gropes me like a dirty old man, haha. He wont feed unless he has his hands on the other breast playing with it.

My baby does it too! Normally when we have the afternoon feeds and shes at her most 'awake'! She gets herself over excited and flings her arms round and clawing at me like she'd never ever been fed before!

Another question - Do you find LO massages your breast too, whilst feeding, alot like you see kittens doing it to the mummy cat!? I figure she has worked out that by doing this more milk flows out, which yes it does, but it gets annoying after a while!

Yea Soph does this too. She grabs and squeezes and massages (as far as she got the coordination for it).

I'll just be looking forward to more groping in the future then :haha:.

my LO pretty much punches me with 1 hand then she has the other in a fist against her face then in the morning she trys to look at her daddy and eat at the same time but it doesnt work so well so she gets mad

My LO does this too! She is 5 months today, but she's been doing it since she discovered her hands..lol! She waves her arm, grabs my hair, pulls my lip, rubs my face....whatever she can find to do! She is really bad about fighting sleep, and nursing used to soothe her to sleep so I think it's part of her way of trying to stay awake while she eats. Plus, she's super super active all the time!

bmwright, I have noticed that my lo gets really fidgety and mumbles to herself, as if she is fighting sleep. Then a minute later, she is asleep! Sounds very alike to your lo! LO also fights it too, but eventually, I win haha!

Kelana likes to dig her fingers in my belly button

I'm so glad I'm not the only one dealing with this, lol! Earlier on, I found that if I sort of gently held my breast, my fingers would be in the perfect position for him to grab and he'd just contentedly hold my finger. Now though his free hand is wandering all over, sometimes just waving in the air.

Sometimes he likes to massage my breast which I know has to do with the flow. I don't mind that since he finally figured out how to do it without hurting me.

I bought a nursing necklace (sturdy necklace with a charm for him to hold while he nurses) which works briefly. I keep encouraging him to grab it though in hopes that it becomes a comfort/habit thing and can tame that wild arm, lol!

Sometimes I just play with his hand with my fingers, sort of like playing footsie but with hands.

Any attempts to hold the arm down do NOT go over well :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"