Doc confirmed it. (Girls givin birth/going give birth in West Mids)

MummyToAmberx

Mum to 3 Girls 1 Boy
Reaction score
Went to the docs today.
Everything went good, said because id done 5 tests i didnt need do 1 there.
Asked when my last period was i said 27th Feb, which lend her on to say i'm 6 weeks today, that im due the 3rd. Which i cant really understand thinking about it now, because 6 weeks would mean im due 2nd. Well anyway im not complaining i'l stick to that until im told otherwise at scan now.
Blood pressure taken, all good.
I was also asked which hospital i wanted to go to, now only living down this area since aug 08 i havent clue, i have been given booklet with all hospitals, but i wouldnt mind some feedback. At the moment im down for Russell Hall which i can change.

Congrats!! Which area do you live in hun? xx

Congrats!!!!!!!! Sorry i dont live in that area maybe try looking online see which hospital has the best maternity records see if that helps :)

Im going to the birminghams womens hospital my midwife and doctors reccomend it! do not go to sandwell general, they nearly killed me and my baby and neglected me after!!! waste of time!!! xXx

i have also heard bad reports about sandwell! Sorry i wasn't much more help.... i live the other side of the w.mids xx

I know alot of women who have been to biminghams womens hospital and had nothing but good words to say about it!!

Sandwell general- i was induced, tried pushing like normal, had gas n air, pethadine, 2 shots, still couldnt get him out, hour after decided needed emergancy c-section, nothing was prepared at all, tried pushing again the consultant was getting arsy with me, the midwifes were saying my baby heart ws dropping we needed him ut, but she insisted i still push!!! Had spinal block and couldnt feel contractions i tried my hardest and i was crying and just wanted him out,so she tried forceps, he was there right at the end but i couldnt do it! heart rate still dropping, finally when he his heart really dropped had a c-section, his eye was black and blue from forceps i saw him for seconds when they told me they had made a mistake and put a tare in my womb i wud need a 3 hour operation. her words were "i was to tired to have done the c-section"!!! so she had to ring a doctor who was in bed at home to come and operate on me!!! bearing in mind, i shouldnt have had a c section because my blood doesnt clot well due to cancer treatment so yeh, im bleeding waiting for this oncall dr to come and save the day!(luckily my blood is better now) THEN u are MADE to get up and shower at 6:30am i couldnt walk, i was in agony but still made to and the showers were cold!!! THEN i asked midwife for a bottle as baby was hungry...time past still no sign of her...so i get up, and woddle to the reception where they were standing laughing and joking "oh sorry i forgot" i couldnt wait to leave the place! Then they sent me home cus they needed the beds, even though i wasnt healed! ARSEHOLES i shud have made a complaint but i was so relieved to have my baby i didnt even want to think of the place! please dont go there! xXx

Im booked at sandwell and trying my hardest to get transferred over to somewhere else the doctor was so bloody nasty to me yesterday they seem like they dont know what they are doing does anybody know how i would go about changed the hospital im booked at and do i have a choice to change?
Russell's Hall is good hospital hun my lol was in scbu there and was brill with her i was orignally booked there but had no beds for me so ended up in the womens i wouldnt mind going back to womens as they were ok with me apart from lack of midwifes on the ward and not getting medication but care my lol recieved in scbu from some of nurses wasnt good.

If you go on nhs choices shows you all hospitals on there and reviews x

I'm going to Birmingham Womens Hospital as it's only down the road from here and all I've heard is good things about it.

well i used to live in sedgley and people seem to have had bad experiences at sandwell hospitals but russells hall has a new maternity wing and people i know have had good experiences.
you culd allways go and have alook and see what you think?

I had rhys at russells, they are lovely and i felt really looked after, they couldnt do enough for me i had a emergency c section and felt in very good hands as they were very much on the ball, the rooms are all en-suite so breast feeding is better to establish as you get peace and quiet without worrying someone will open the curtain lol.

i live in brierley hill
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back