Doc is running tests for Pcos

MummytoLiam

Reaction score
I don't know what it is really and will it effect me having another baby ?

I have pcos so I needed some pills called clomid to help me ovulate, otherwise I don't ov or get periods

could i ask what..led to your dr looking into it? sorta...how long have you been trying/had problems etc? im having issues with my period atm, and my dr will only 'look into it' next month and im wondering if she may look into pcos for me

could i ask what..led to your dr looking into it? sorta...how long have you been trying/had problems etc? im having issues with my period atm, and my dr will only 'look into it' next month and im wondering if she may look into pcos for me

Usually if you've been without a period for 3 months, (this doesn't include the 6 months after coming off birth control when your body's meant to be whacky.)
And if you are also physically symptomatic- over weight, excess body hair, acne, oily skin/ hair.

Usually they do a blood test first and if you have heightened testosterone and your fsh/ LH ratio is off they'll so a transvaginal ultrasound to check your ovaries.

I have not bleed for nearly 4 months now so she referred me for a scan and I have blood test Monday , okay thanks does it always cause problems so u can't fall pregnant? X

No not always, some women still have bang on 28 day periods with it but sounds like your the same as me.
To conceive I take clomid it induces ovulation, but as a long term fix there's also metformin which I've just started. I hadn't bled in 6 months when I started it and did 2 weeks after starting it (was a chemical pregnancy)
Now 2 months later I e just ovulated again and am in my tww so gone from no period to one 2 months after another so definitely an improvement!!

Usually if you've been without a period for 3 months, (this doesn't include the 6 months after coming off birth control when your body's meant to be whacky.)
And if you are also physically symptomatic- over weight, excess body hair, acne, oily skin/ hair.

Usually they do a blood test first and if you have heightened testosterone and your fsh/ LH ratio is off they'll so a transvaginal ultrasound to check your ovaries.

thanks :) im still in the 6 months after bc sadly, but i do have excess body hair lol and oily skin but none of the other things. im not overweight as such, but im much much heavier than i was before (i weigh 8lbs more than i did at 9 months pregnant with dd)

thanks for the info though! its nice to have a vague idea of what to expect

thanks :) im still in the 6 months after bc sadly, but i do have excess body hair lol and oily skin but none of the other things. im not overweight as such, but im much much heavier than i was before (i weigh 8lbs more than i did at 9 months pregnant with dd)

thanks for the info though! its nice to have a vague idea of what to expect

Pcos affects everyone differently- so there are actually about 10 different symptoms and if you have more than 3 they say you have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->