Doctor appts, OH involvement and day 21 test

Reaction score
Hi,
I had my first day 21 progesterone test yesterday, after my first appointment with a doctor about checking my fertility. (OH and I have been off birth control since January.) The nurse said (only when I asked what happens now?!) that I should make an appointment with the doctor for the end of next week to discuss. Can anyone tell me what to expect and what I should be hoping for?

I know at some point I'm going to have to tackle the touchy subject of OH + sperm analysis (he's not going to like that). Shall I ask him if he wants to join me for this next appointment, to get him involved without the focus being on him? What approach have other b&b-ers taken?

Hi,
I had my first day 21 progesterone test yesterday, after my first appointment with a doctor about checking my fertility. (OH and I have been off birth control since January.) The nurse said (only when I asked what happens now?!) that I should make an appointment with the doctor for the end of next week to discuss. Can anyone tell me what to expect and what I should be hoping for?

I know at some point I'm going to have to tackle the touchy subject of OH + sperm analysis (he's not going to like that). Shall I ask him if he wants to join me for this next appointment, to get him involved without the focus being on him? What approach have other b&b-ers taken?

Well, with my appointment, my dr. asked me if my husband had fathered any children (he hasn't) and mentioned having a sperm analysis done. Since then she has discovered I have PCOS and said we were probably safe to pass on the sperm analysis (thinking I'm the problem). She put me on metformin and if it hasn't worked in a few months I'm going to revisit her about the sperm analysis.

The partner going is a personal choice in a way. IMO, I would say he needs to go anyway b/c he is a huge part of this process. Later on down the road you are gonna want him to go to your prenatal appointments and this is a good way to get him started. Best of luck.

Thanks rdy4number2, that's reassuring and I've tentatively asked if he wants to go with me this time or leave it until next when we know what to expect and are a little further forward. Hopefully things will go well!:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->