Doctor couldn't find heart beat! Updated!!!

bestmum

Reaction score
I went to my 16 week ultra sound and doctor measured my tummy and I measured 17 cm then she checked for the hb very briefly ... It didn't take her 2 min .. And she say " nope can't find it. Ok see you in 4 weeks"
WHAT THE $&@! ??? I am now so worried ... Stupid public hospitals ... I am so upset ... My next scan is like in 3 weeks ... I can't wait till then .

Update: my local doctor couldn't find it either after trying for 15 minutes do she sent me for an emergency ultrasound . They took me in pretty quick. We saw the heart beat @ 157 bpm and bubba was moving and all is fine .
Apparantley I have an anterior placenta and that is why it was hard to hear the hb. And doc said i won't be able to feel baby move early either.
I'm so happy we finally found the hb !! Thank you all for your support in those hours where I was gonna lose my mind ,

If you go to your local doctor, they might be able to use a doppler at 16 weeks. :hugs: I hope you get to hear it soon- 3 weeks is a long time to wait!

This happened me at 20 week appt with midwife, but thankfully a few hours later I felt the baby moving.

Depending on baby's position it can be difficult to pick up the heart beat.

I know how panicked and stressed I was but try to stay relaxed, it happens quite frequently. have you felt any movements yet?

If you need reassurance maybe make another appointment.:hugs:

I haven't felt baby move yet ... I'm at the local gp now ... I'm going to demand an ultrasound ASAP ...

They just sent you home without even checking!!! Thats Crazy!

got fingers crossed that the doctors listen- I am pretty sure they will be able to use a doppler to find it.

She probably didn't worry because you are measuring fine. Hope you get a good listen.

From my understanding it's really, really common to go through spells when the heartbeat isn't detectable. It doesn't mean it's not there, it's just hiding. I agree that the doctor wouldn't have sent you home if there was anything to worry about, but it was completely insensitive of her to wave it off like it was nothing. Of COURSE it would freak out any mother and she really should have done her best to reassure you that things were okay. Shame on her.

Thanks I'm so relieved... I didn't care wether it was boy or girl .. I just wanted to see that baby. I have 3 boys already ... And funny how at that moment you just want a healthy baby !!!

Really glad everything was ok - and you got to see your little one again!

Glad everything turned out ok and you got to see your LO!

Thank u all ... You ladies are just lovely .. Thanks for all the support :)

I'm so glad everything was ok. What a relief for you. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->