Doctor recommends waiting 2-3 cycles before trying again. . ?

AshleyMattos

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I posted this over in the TTC After Loss group but no response, so I figured I'd try over here.

I'm actually at the end of a miscarriage. . . my hcg levels are 87 today, down from 376 two days ago (which is the highest my levels ever got). My doctor said he expects my levels to be back at 0 by the end of next week, and we will keep doing blood draws to make sure. At my doctors appointment today, my doctor said he recommends waiting 2-3 cycles before trying to conceive again. I was so caught up in taking in everything that was being said, that it never crossed my mind to ask why I needed to wait. Is there a risk of another miscarriage by conceiving right after one? I know he said the chance of another miscarriage next time actually decreases after a miscarriage, so I don't quite get the 2-3 cycle wait. I would be 6 weeks on Friday, so it is a pretty early miscarriage, and my body seems to be doing everything on its own.

Hi, I'm so sorry for ur loss. i had a missed mc at the end of august. We waited one cycle before ttc on the advice of my doctor. I think u will know urself when u r ready. Xo

I had a mmc before baby 1 and wasn't told to wait despite being further on. You were so early, I don't really see why you should have to wait? There's a chance he said that for emotional reasons rather than medical? I'd say do what feels right for you. :hugs:

I agree wth Amy. A mc that early on is probably safe to ttc right away. It is more likely for emotional reasons.

I was asked to wait for 3 cycles after my loss, but that was because it was @ 29+6 weeks and also my iron levels were too low and my body was really weak after delivery. So, given such an early loss in your case, I don't think the wait is really needed. Moreover, as much as you try, you'll get pregnant only when your body is ready.

Emotionally, I really do feel absolutely fine. I've known since the day I got my BFP at 10 dpo that I was going to miscarry, as I started bleeding bright red the very same day and it still hasn't stopped 18 days later. My blood tests also indicated miscarriage as my numbers just weren't doubling from the very start. I accepted from the very beginning that I wasn't getting a baby out of this pregnancy and was very okay with that since I knew it wasn't healthy. But I really don't want to wait to try. As soon as my hcg levels are back at 0, I'd like to start trying, as I really want my 1 year old daughter to have a sibling close in age.

Sorry for your loss :(

Some drs are just overly cautious and will sometimes recommend waiting. I was told to wait one cycle after my m/c but that was mostly because I ended up with a d&c. If I hadn't had the d&c I would not have waited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->