doctor will not prescribe me provera say `guidlines` wont allow him

C

comet1234

So I'm cycle day 62 I have begged my doctor twice to give me it and today he spews that his nhs guidelines don't allow him to. I could cry I have missed two cycles now and I have tried natural ways to bring it on ( sex, orgasms, vitamin c high doses, vaginal steaming lol).

I have pcos but ovulate naturally and usually have regular cycles.

I feel like I'm never going to conceive if I'm not having periods??!! The one person who can help won't.

Get a second opinion. I don't know anything about provera but my doctor says 60days is when I need to go back because something has to be don

Yeah I think I will, him saying guidelines won't allow him annoyed me as I have seen many a Times on here people getting it from their GP. He says he will refer me to a gynacologist but told me it will be a month or so before I get an appointment :( x

Oh true if he isn't a gyn he might be authorized to prescribe it. I'd have him put in the referral, book an appointment, but call every morning. Something is bound to open up before a month

I will but he wants me to wait another week then come in to take more bloods and talk about the referral. It's like he wants to go at snails pace. Sorry for the rant...

Anyone know of any more natural ways to induce af?

Screw that! You're 60 days! Referral time! That's crazy. Can you call the gyn department? Even if they say you need a referral they might be able to get one out of him.

I've heard orgasms and exercise can help

I was told that parsley tea can help induce a period, just google it and you'll find a bunch of recipes, it's pretty easy. I tried it once and it didn't do much, but other people swear by it.

I going to call them to get an appointment hopefully! I tried orgasms but nothing, just sent the husband to get parsley and honey, as I have heard honey for three days can help move things along... fingers crossed!! X

Key facts about the Gynaecology department at Royal Cornwall Hospital (Treliske)
Average time from referral by GP to treatment for this department
7 weeks
Compare with Gynaecology departments at nearby hospitals

This is what I found on the nhs website. Ringing now to see if I can get squeezed in before then!

That is insane! I can just book gyno appointments whenever I want. I can even book them online. Starting to like kaiser a lot more now

I know, they told me on the phone that I have to have a gp referral x

Hi hope you don't mind me dropping in but I'm also from Cornwall and also have pcos. I was officially diagnosed in August but it took from the end of August to November 26th to get an appointment with the gynye consultant at RCHT to get metformin prescribed. It's annoying right!

I'm going through the same process now!! I have been waiting to get referred for 6 months and I'm cd 148 now because the doctor still will not prescribe me provera :( x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->