Doctors are suposed to help???Pfft this one didnt !!!!

Squarepants

Reaction score
Sorry Ladies

I had my first gynacologist appointment today, as i have PCOS and we are looking to TTC soon. I have not had AF for 6 months and have just started charting my temps.

So i trot into the doctor this morning thinking he would have a bit of wisdom. Took one look at me and said come back when you have lost 15 kilos....

Im sorry but not all of us can drop weight like that..... One of the signs of PCOS is weight gain... he was so inconsiderate and a jack ass....

Im currently 115 kilos but im quite a sturdy girl. my weight is not straight out infront of me. and im quite active as it is...

I know i shouldnt be worried but i just keep finding things to stress over, probably hence the reason i have not seen AF for half a year.....

I guess im over being a "Big" girl and i just want to be married and have one Beautiful Baby. :shrug:

Just one id be happy with one if thats all i can ever have :(

Aww... I know exactly how you feel, but my doctor told be come back when i lost 100lbs and gave me an $850 bill...ha. Needless to say i never ever went back and took matters into my own hands, i too have pcos and i did lose 60lbs, i conveived naturally but lost the baby.. And after a year of trying again i got clomid...i still am overweight i am 228lbs, but the clomid worked!!! In fact after i got pregnant and went to my new ob, i saw my cyst for the very first time... They are all over my ovaries!!!

I'm sorry you had to experiance that :( I would see a different Dr. If you have PCOS there are meds they will put you on to start your cycle back and make you ovulate regular. Keep your head held high and get to BD'n, you still have a good chance of getting pregnant. You do not have to have a period to get pregnant :) But I would DEF see another Dr. I went for an entire year of no period after getting off the Depo Shot and finally found a "good" OB and she put me back on a bc pill for one month, and what do ya know, af showed up the day after that month of bc pills. Some Dr.'s can been so inconsiderate, but you will find the right one :) Fingers X'd for you Sending lots of BABY DUST your way.

He should've given you provera. It works for anyone no matter their weight. It helps to induce your period.

my consultant is hopeless!

i was rushed into hospital last week in severe abdo pain after having a hysterosalpingogram 2 weeks ago, the er nurse decided it was something to do with the hsg and said i should get in touch with my consultant as something needs to be done and i shouldnt have to wait till june (my next appointment with him)

so i phone him and the reply i get: nothing i can do, see you in june!

the nerve how bout at least have a look at me then tell me theres nothing you can do, obviously my body is tryin to tell me something is wrong if im in pain!

i dont know bout you but it always seems the male doctors are a bit more heartless toward fertility problems then female doctors

xx

I have PCOS too and I'm in health care, as in I'm in college to get my RN/BSN.

When you have PCOS, losing weight can make all the difference and it is a struggle, because losing weight is harder for PCOS ladies...

However, you should be put on Metformin to see if it will help you lose weight and get your hormones straightened out.

Also, I'm a little concerned that you haven't had AF for 6 months. Seriously after 2 weeks of AF being late, you need to go see the doctor. They can run tests and put you on provera at the least.

I too would switch to someone else, but there's other things you could be asking to get a little further along...

What bedside manner some of these doctors have! Ridiculous. He should have at least offered you a first stage treatment and then advised you to also work on your weight in the meantime.

Something I have learned, is to never go to a man doctor, they just don't understand. How can you get someone to know how you feel during your period, ovulation, pregnancy when they have never been through it? And previous poster is right they should have given your provera, helps your shed the weight off, and start your period then get on clomid, and if needed progestrone supplements, if you lack progestrone after getting pregnant.

Also, I'm a little concerned that you haven't had AF for 6 months. Seriously after 2 weeks of AF being late, you need to go see the doctor. They can run tests and put you on provera at the least.

I havent had any AF for 11months!!!

If you haven't had AF and it's been longer than 2 weeks past when your period was due, you need to go see the doctor. Something is up with your hormones. They should be giving you provera or doing something for you at the very least.

Something I have learned, is to never go to a man doctor, they just don't understand. How can you get someone to know how you feel during your period, ovulation, pregnancy when they have never been through it? And previous poster is right they should have given your provera, helps your shed the weight off, and start your period then get on clomid, and if needed progestrone supplements, if you lack progestrone after getting pregnant.

I prefer female docs, as well...in general, not just for this, but especially for this..

I would def go to a different doctor. I work at a hospital and sometimes I just want to slap the doctors! They can seriously be heartless! Instead of telling you to come back after loosing weight he should have discussed some options in improving your chances to conceive! I'm sorry you had to go through that, I'm about the same weight as you and i'm 5'9 and fairly active. I play tennis and go running 4x a week plus I eat pretty healthy. But then again I have a large frame and I have a lot of muscle. Sometimes doctors just look at charts and think about statistics and what's "normal" without actually looking at you or talking to you! It's so irritating! BUT! not all doctors are like that, and as mentioned before I honestly find female obgyns to be a lot more patient, helpful and more knowledgeable! Real life experience can't come out of a textbook! Good luck!

Hi thanks everyone. I have finally got AF after a whole day of the worst cramps I've ever had in my life but at least I have gotten it! Yeah I have asked my doctor for a new refferal so fingers crossed. Thanks for all the help and baby dust to everyone. !!

What a selfish person! How rude :growlmad:

If I were you, i'd see a different doctor. Fingers crossed you get things sorted soon :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->