doctors doing blood tests

donnarobinson

Mommy Of 3 Boys
Reaction score
So I'm having my bloods took to check my blood count , see if I'm ovulating and my thyroid and a few other things, having this done on cycle day 21 , my cycle is normally 28/29 days long so how am I suppose2 no which day to go on ,
20th may would be cycle day 21 if this cycle will be 28 days , does 1 day matter x

Didn't want to R&R but I'm not sure Hun, I wouldn't think so?

Thank you, I'm sure I can give themn a call and ask I did ask dr but he was useless they didn't even tell me if I need to fast x

CD 1 is the first day of your period, so just count forward 21 days from there. Do you have to fast for the thyroid test? I know you don't have to fast for the basic cd21 work up.

Hi Donna.... I'm going through the same tests. I had my first bloods taken on CD2 and have to go again on CD21 but I'm on holiday so I'm just going on Cd23. The doctor said this should be fine. My cycles tend to change anyway so I'm sure a day or two out wont make a difference.... You will have to let me know your results.... I didn't find out how long it takes to get results back but I'm hoping its fairly quick!!! Good luck to you :)

My doctor told me its cycle day 21 if u have a regular 28 day cycle , it is 7 days b4 ur period is due, so if u have a 30 day cycle u wud have them done on day 23 ,

Ill go in on cycle day 21 though , I'm sure I was on cycle day 23 when I had them done when trying 2 concieve my little boy,
Thanks girls ,

Aww betty, ill defo let uno , and u let me no. Enjoy ur holiday x

I'm having a full blood count as well, and prolactin levels quite a few things he's testing , ill ask if I need to fast x

I did that bloodwork last month. Did not have to fast for them. I did tsh(thyroid) progesterone, lh,prolactin.

You usually don't have to fast for thyroid test, I have had an over-active thyroid for years and never had to fast for any of the blood tests.

Can you come back and post results when you get them? I recently had all of those tests done, mine were or normal, but I was interested to know what the most 'ideal' numbers are for ttc

Yes I will come back and let u no hun x I had them all day 2 years ago when trying to concieve my son, they were normal then hope so now x

What kind of bloodwork could I get done that would not be considered for infertility? I am asking because my insurance only covers infertility treatment.

Bloods were done tuesday, going to ring doctors 2moz *friday* and c if results r bk x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->