Doctors????

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by lou_w34, Apr 15, 2009.

1. lou_w34

lou_w34 mummy <3

Hey!

When i went to make my drs appointment (to have everything confirmed, and dates checked and what not) ive been told there fully booked, and i cant be seen till the 28th april! I dont think i can wait that long... Im so paranoid that something will go wrong inbetween then, even though i no im being silly lol

Has anyone else ever had to wait this long?

xx

2. jem_5500

jem_5500 Well-Known Member

Is it jst an apponitmnt to confirm preg? If so many dont do that any more and its not worth going thru GP PHone and see if you can booked in with midwife which will be any time from 8 weeks. The GP will likely ask if u done HPT and say thats all you need, ask if the pregnancy is wanted and then tell u to book in with midwife, thats basically all that I got and many on here will say same!

3. elainegee

elainegee Well-Known Member

I work in a gp surgery and we chagned to an 'on the day' system where as you phone at 8.30 in the morning and you are given an appointment that day. However 6/7 years ago before we had this system patients could wait 2 weeks for an appointment (at its worse) but being the easter weekend we were off friday monday so even the on the day appointments are stretched to the limits. I would maybe phone and ask to speak to a doctor and explain to them your worries and maybe they will fit you in out with the surgeries? good luck xx

4. jem_5500

jem_5500 Well-Known Member

Sorry that sounded really blunt hun, wasnt meant to!!! COngrats BTW xx

5. linzyloo22

linzyloo22 Pregnant - 2nd Trimester

I wasn't even registered at a GP's and when I asked to be they said they weren't doing new registrations until the end of May! I explained that i needed confirmation of pregnancy and they told me to ring first thing in the morning. I rang up and got an appt that day!

6. lou_w34

lou_w34 mummy <3

Thank yous =)

7. caz81

caz81 Well-Known Member

my doctors wont see me until 13th may, they said they do not confirm pregnancies, hpt is enough xx