Does a DARK bfp at 12dpo mean anything?

marmoset

Reaction score
I'm very confident of my ovulation date (temps + CM pattern + historical stats all line up) and I also believe I had IB overnight between 8 and 9 dpo. Took the test on 12dpo in the evening and got a DARK positive, like exactly the same color as the control line.

It just seems early for such a dark line, could that indicate anything?

Would love opinions/experiences! Thanks!

Hey marmoset I got the same too. Its all varies, I'm not sure it means anything.

I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months x

Well obviously it means your pregnant though!

Maybe, I got a positive at 10dpo and It was pretty dark by 12dpo and only having a singleton

I had a line that dark with my first three pregnancies by 12dpo. Just one at a time. I lost the 3rd at 6 weeks so for me, it didn't mean twins or that it would necessarily continue. But I will say a dark line is nice.. It means the hcg is getting higher which is good :) all pregnancies are different and can't always base too much off of tests. Except that you are definitely pregnant. Congrats :happydance:

I got a dark line at 10dpo....Go Saturday for an ultrasound bc my levels are so high they think its multiples.

Thanks for the replies! I've seen a lot of conflicting answers elsewhere about whether dark lines correlate to hcg levels / multiples / etc. I appreciate the input! Guess I'll just focus on begin pregnant for now, haha. This is my first bfp ever so I'm still a bit in shock! :cloud9:

Thanks for the replies! I've seen a lot of conflicting answers elsewhere about whether dark lines correlate to hcg levels / multiples / etc. I appreciate the input! Guess I'll just focus on begin pregnant for now, haha. This is my first bfp ever so I'm still a bit in shock! :cloud9:

if this is your first lets hope for one very healthy bean!!! lol I had two under 2.....when I tell you I was a walking psycho. lol I'm desperately praying they're wrong and I'm not having multiples(Twins run in the women on my family).....idk how I would juggle 4 kids. lol

Oh my gosh, that would be a lot haha! You've done it before and I know you could do it again if you had to. :thumb up:

Thanks for the well wishes. :) Got all my fingers and toes crossed!

Oh my gosh, that would be a lot haha! You've done it before and I know you could do it again if you had to. :thumb up:

Thanks for the well wishes. :) Got all my fingers and toes crossed!

when will you know? when is your first ultrasound?

I don't think it means much except for a reasonably high HCG level :). The test was as dark as the control for me at 11dpo with my son, I don't think it was for me with my daughter till about 19dpo, both pregnancies worked out fine. I didn't test that much with this pregnancy, I did until the test was on the verge of being as dark as the control but it wasn't really getting any darker, despite my hcg numbers rising as my doctor was testing them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->