• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Does a negative ovalution stick mean I'm not pregnant

Emma dilemma

Reaction score
Hi everyone
Need some advice
I last had my period April 5th
I ovulated may 27th April
I took 3 pregnancy tests within the week after ovulating all negative results
Is it too early to test
I did a ovalution test and was negative also
My periods are irregular
It's now may 14th
Still no period but I have been feeling crampy the past 4days but no bleeding
Could that be implantation cramping
???
Please help :)

First of all I'm confused as to why you're checking for pregnancy on an ovulation test. That's not exactly reliable. Secondly why were you testing for pregnancy only a week after ovulating.

Give yourself some more time. I know that's easier said than done. But you're testing too early. When you finally do text use an actual pregnancy test not an ovulation test! Good luck :)

It takes a week after ovulating to actually get pregnant (implantation). Wish it were easy and we could find out the moment it happens! I've been reading people getting accurate readings anywhere from 9-12 dpo. Sometimes longer. Give it some more time and then test again.

I usually get a positive result at 9-12 dpo however I have found out through multiple doctor visits and blood work that I have higher than normal levels of hormones than most women. I usually get twin high levels for a singleton so if I ever became pregnant with twins, I'd be a hormonal mess :rofl:

Anyways to get to your question, yes you are testing WAY too early. Also, you wouldn't get a positive on an opk until you had at least 50 miu of hcg in your system, which for most women isn't until they are 4 weeks pregnant and by then you would already be getting a positive result via hpt. I would stick to the hpts for testing from now on and try to hold off until the day your period is due, if you can.

Sorry ladies I didn't mean to come off rude. This person just joined this month and kind of seemed to be a trolling question.

Yes u did sound rude
Yes this person is new.
Why are you apologizing to the ladies and not to me
I'm sorry if my "trolling question"(s) upset you
This is a ttc forum and I was looking for advice

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs