Does a small amount of semen mean poor sperm quality?

Pinkie88

Reaction score
When my husband ejaculates, it's such a small volume of fluid. Does this mean he isn't very fertile?

not necessarily. as far as i know, it doesn't mean that at all. how often do you BD? the more often he ejaculates, the less semen there will be as it hasnt had time to 'build up' :)

I dont think so its about quality not quantity hun. If your worried see your doctor who can do tests :)

My DH never has very much either. I was extremely nervous when he went in for his SA, because I thought that him only ejaculating a little meant that he wasn't very fertile. When he got his SA done he produced 2ML (doc said 1.5ML is the minimum that he could've had without it being considered "problematic") his numbers came back great! He has good count and awesome motility (97%!!). In fact none of his numbers were low, or close to being low, so from our experience, no, quantity doesn't have much to do with quality. :)

My husband had 4 s/a & his volume came back slightly low or just average. Anything below 2ML is considered "low" and my hubby had either exactly 2ML or around 1.5ML..but I'm pregnant now so I think u shouldnt worry. Motility is a way bigger issue, but it all works out! Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->