Does any body know youre TTC?

xnmd1

mommmy of 1
Reaction score
Or is it a secret?

Just curious really. Its not really a secret here. I have mentioned at work how I want another baby soon but havent flat out admitted were trying. I told my cousin who im close with and she told me her and her OH are trying too so were hoping to have new babies arouns the same ahe. Her daughter is a year older than my son.

All my OHs friends know and weve openly talked about it in front of them. One of my OHs friends owns his own company and just tgis morning my OH said to him "if you need anyone to work for you here and there let me know I want to save up some extra money so I can afford to take more time off when we have a baby"

We havent told our parents though. I want to wait til it happens and its the real deal and we can share the news and itll come as a surprise .

What about everyone else?

Some people know. Some do not.
For us, we have some family on my fiance's side who are very old-school Catholics who will be upset that we are trying to conceive before our wedding. We are doing it on the down low as far as they are concerned so that unnecessary drama does not arise. There was enough when we got engaged, as I was married previously and have a son from my first marriage. Seems silly to me to walk on egg shells for these folks, but I respect his family and I don't want that to fall on him the way we know it will. Telling people we are pregnany will be a whole lot easier than that we are trying to get pregnant.
We have some family and friends who will be concerned because we were in a bad financial way for a while due to he and I both getting laid off over the summer at the same time, me having surgery and being in the hospital for a week, and both of us being in a bad car accident about a month ago. But we are both working again now and pulling ourselves out...so we gave ourselves the green light. If we wait until we can afford it, we will never do it.
At the end of the day, it's a personal decision. I just turned 35. We know we only have so much time, and we are ready. We want to grow our family.

Some people know. Some do not.
For us, we have some family on my fiance's side who are very old-school Catholics who will be upset that we are trying to conceive before our wedding. We are doing it on the down low as far as they are concerned so that unnecessary drama does not arise. There was enough when we got engaged, as I was married previously and have a son from my first marriage. Seems silly to me to walk on egg shells for these folks, but I respect his family and I don't want that to fall on him the way we know it will. Telling people we are pregnany will be a whole lot easier than that we are trying to get pregnant.
We have some family and friends who will be concerned because we were in a bad financial way for a while due to he and I both getting laid off over the summer at the same time, me having surgery and being in the hospital for a week, and both of us being in a bad car accident about a month ago. But we are both working again now and pulling ourselves out...so we gave ourselves the green light. If we wait until we can afford it, we will never do it.
At the end of the day, it's a personal decision. I just turned 35. We know we only have so much time, and we are ready. We want to grow our family.

We are not in the best financial situation either. I have a crap job and go to college part time. But we agreed if we wait untill were financially ready then it will neber happen.But we know when it happens we will always fimd a way to make ends meet. We have an amazing relationship and so much love and are ready in all those ways so im not wasting , y time worrying about finances. Im sure my mom may have something to say about that but im not worrying about it.

I have a son and he has a daugter, and we also take his daughters older sister (he ismt her father but she doesnt have a daddy so we want to show her love too) amd my mom has already said she doesmt know how she feels about us taking his LOs sister because she says " i know you have all the love in the world and youll always have enough food on the table but you may want your own child together and you like to give the kids nice things and i dont eber want to see your own kids go without because you had to give to someone elses child too" But we have diferent view points there I guess and its not something I personally ever see becomming an issue because we will both do whatever we have to do to make sure none of them ever go without... does that all make sense? lol

excuse the typos im on my phone lol

Or is it a secret?

Just curious really. Its not really a secret here. I have mentioned at work how I want another baby soon but havent flat out admitted were trying. I told my cousin who im close with and she told me her and her OH are trying too so were hoping to have new babies arouns the same ahe. Her daughter is a year older than my son.

All my OHs friends know and weve openly talked about it in front of them. One of my OHs friends owns his own company and just tgis morning my OH said to him "if you need anyone to work for you here and there let me know I want to save up some extra money so I can afford to take more time off when we have a baby"

We havent told our parents though. I want to wait til it happens and its the real deal and we can share the news and itll come as a surprise .

What about everyone else?

I was keeping it a surprise from the world until I had a few issues last month. After being told I'm going to start clomid to get my progesterone levels up (I know it's not a huge deal compared to the other ttc issues girls have here, but I was pretty frazzled and I also HATE needles) I told my mother-in-law I needed her support.

She and my father-in-law pretty much know that we want one, and know I have to take Clomid, but other than them my best friend is the only other girl who knows.

I don't have a relationship with my father, and my mother isn't the best supporter and we're somewhat distant (living far away and relationship wise). She's pretty much all about my brother who is serving in Afghanistan right now and doesn't want to hear anything about my life. Just that we should all be worried for him and not worried for our own issues (hince why she didn't show up to my wedding)

BUT THATS BESIDES THE STORY.

I don't really have a big crowd of supporters around me that are 'OK' with us TTC, but I'm starting not to give a flying hoot.

DH, MIL, FIL, BFF are all I need. :thumbup:

Nobody knows that we are! It feels kind of special knowing only us two know our little secret but at the same time I'm dying to tell my mum and my sisters. xx

That's going to make the surprise even MORE special!!!!!

Nope no one knows,just me & DH.

Were not telling anyone. My reasons are well we thought our 2nd was our last and I don't wanna play 20 questions with ppl about it lol plus if it takes long (my 2nd took 5yrs of ttc) I don't wanna hear "aren't you pregnant yet?" etc .....so were just doing our thing and when the time is right we'll tell ppl.

We've only told a few select friends, and only recently. I guess I'm glad that we didn't tell a whole lot of people because we are on cycle 10 of trying and 5 cycles of NTNP before that and it's just easier not to have people constantly asking. We have not told our parents (hubs may have told his dad, but I completely trust his dad not to say anything to anyone) or siblings because honestly none of them can keep their mouths shut.

I am very close with my mom and I hate that I don't feel ok telling her yet. I know she worries about us with money because of what we went through. She will be cross with me for thinking about it.
At the same time, she knows the age I am and that I want another baby. We are debating holding off on a big wedding for a few years and just having a small civil ceremony for now. Maybe after we are married she will feel better about it.
I don't know. Its hard. If we don't get pregnant this cycle and decide to hold off on the big event in favor of a small one, we will probably seek fertility help. At that point, I will want my mom to know we are trying.

I am not the type to ever be bothered by others' judgement of me...but in this case, I don't want the negative energy.

In the beginning, no one knew. But we have had a few miscarriages through the process, and so the ladies at my work know (due to having to take time off, it is a small workplace so there is only 5 of us), my sister knows and both of our parents know (I wish they didn't - you would think it would make them a bit more sensitive towards the subject, but it hasn't).
It is hard. Sometimes you just want to scream it to people, because at least once a week I hear from friends I bump into "Sooo when are you two going to have a baby?". I understand that people are just trying to be excited for us, but my husband absolutely hates it.

I told my mum and sister as I needed to share with someone and chat to so I don't send dh potty! He has told his best friend but that's it for us. We would love to tell more, especially his family as they all cant wait for us to have a baby but we don't want the added pressure of people asking etc especially as I fear it will be difficult for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->