Does anybody keep testing after BFP and how long for?

Little G

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

I got my very postive BFP last Monday, took a CB digi to confirm how far along I was the another to check progression! lol... How long do you keep testing for and why?

xx

I kept testing till test line was darker than control line on a FRER. And stopped digi once I got 3+.

I did it because this is the first time I've found out this early, with my other 2 DC I was over 8 weeks and didn't have long to wait for scans etc.

I keep testing til I get a 3+ on a digi so 5 weeksish xx

These are 'some' of my tests this time....

image.jpg

Got a 2- 3 weeks on digi yesterday, contemplating buying another one, then that'll be the last till scan. I found out later the last time too, think this long wait till the scan is going to drag!:wacko:

xx

I tested positive at 10dpo and I think I tested til after my missed period, to reassure myself that it wasn't a chemical. I only had one digital, and I used my last FRER on the first test, and it just wasn't as fun testing on Wondfos.

I used a FRER every day from 9dpo when I got my first positive until 16 dpo. I had positive blood tests at 14 dpo and 17dpo. After that I stopped :) I still have a digi though and might try it tomorrow to see 3+. I'm stressed it will be 2-3 still though. My 17dpo hcg was over 2000! Doubling time of 34 hours.

Contemplating buying another digi tomorrow to see the 3+......:haha:

Contemplating buying another digi tomorrow to see the 3+......:haha:

If you do, just remember that those tests are really frequently inaccurate on gestational age because there's so much variation in what normal hcg levels are. As long as you're still getting positives, you're good. I've seen lots of threads with people freaking out about not getting their 3+. It's part of the reason I never bought more digis after using my last one.

I know, im totally in between mind whether to or not, will wait and see how i feel tomorrow I think, then thats me done till I get the 12 week scan..:wink

xx

Do you have any symptoms yet? I know focusing on my symptoms helped me with the "Am I still pregnant?? Is there really someone in there???" feelings.

I did have some bloating, on/off twinges and sore boobs but they've all disappeared now, I generally dont feel pregnant, as far as I can remember I felt totally differant with DD.

x

Maybe it's a boy this time! I know a lot of people say boys mean fewer symptoms.

Yeah maybe, just wish my mind would stop going into overdrive and worrying, loaded with the cold too which is making me feel even more fed up. :(

I'm only just starting to not worry constantly after 2 scans, no problems, and reaching second trimester :p Hope you're feeling better soon.

Yeah think once i have the 12week scan it'll be a hugh sigh of relief. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->