• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Does anybody NOT want a close age gap between there children?!

housewifey

Reaction score
There is 18 months between my older brother and me, I see women on BnB pregnant with there 2nd when there 1st is still under 1, and women at baby clubs I go to are also in the same situation. 2 under 2 just seems crazy (for me!) I am not implying that anybody that's plans to or is doing this is crazy lol.

We hope to have DD in school before TTC again, and I look forward to her understanding (sort of) that there is a baby in mummys tummy and that'll be her little brother or sister and being excited about it.

I also want a few years rest of STTN before having another. Am I the only one who's feeling like this??

We will probably have a 3-5 year age gap when we decide to have another lo. xx

i have a 7 year gap and its great , both June babies :)

Me i would hate to have 2 close together - i cant stand double prams its like pushing a tank!

IF we were to have another we'd start trying when our lb turns 3

Well I'm the extreme, I have a 15 year age gap! :haha:

I dont want a big gap at all about 18 months to 3 years max...
Want them to grow up together!!

There are 14 years between me and my little sister and we fight like cat and dog and 2 years between me and my brother and we get on fine.

Yeah I can't stand double prams! And couldn't imagine having to do 2 sets of nappies haha! I'm glad I'm not the only 1!

Gemie- 15 is still a great age gap I think! Ur older child must be very excited? And very able to help out ;)

I think for us 4/5+ age gap would be perfect! I suppose it depends on ur situation, me and my brother fought loads when we were little and I hated it! I always begged my mum for a little bro or sis haha xxx

im the same i have 4 kids amy is 16 and karine is 11 thats 5 years then zack is 6 so thats another 5 years and brooke is 1 another 5 years lol

couldnt be doing with 2 kids togther hats off to people who have but no way i could cope i like my sleep to much lol

Gemie- 15 is still a great age gap I think! Ur older child must be very excited? And very able to help out ;)

He's amazing, I have to say, loves her to bits and Poppy adores him too... I love the age gap in all fairness, I wasn't ready before to have another baby anyway.
It works for us!

I'm not even sure about another one! I just can't imagine it at the moment but if we do think it's a good idea at some point, it will probably be 3/4 year gap xx

Nope I never wanted mine close. There is 3 and half years between dd and ds we ideally wanted 4 years but ttc was easier than planned :haha:

Reasons, I wanted dd at nursery every afternoon so I could spend quality one on one with the baby, and have the mornings with dd whilst the baby napped. Having a smaller gap terrified me and I wanted dd older enough to understand, help with baby and get excited. Also to avoid the jealousy stage they have from 18months

I have a one yr age gap between my two eldest but a nine yr gap between lo and girls. Would love another but hope to go back to uni next year for teacher training then Will get back to work before ttc again.

I would like to have another one but not yet. I wouldn't want to wait too long as I'm 33 now but maybe in a couple of years we'll start trying for number two.

A friend of mine has a LO that is a week older than mine and she is pregnant with number two now. I think she will have a 21 month age gap.

Mine are 18 months apart. I'm glad I did it that way because I don't think I would have chosen to have a second after experiencing life with a toddler. ;) But I can see why some might not want to have them so close.

Me! Everyone else seems to want 2 close together, but I would prefer a 5-6 year age gap. There are pros and cons to both ways, but I just cannot imagine having another anytime soon!

We're thinking about a 4 year age gap. We don't want 2 in college at the same time if we can help it. I wouldn't mind a 5 year gap. My sister and I are 11 years apart and we get along great! I remember helping my mom with her when she was a baby. I don't think age gap necessarily has anything to do with how well you get along with a sibling.

I can completely understand why you feel that way but I don't think a big age gap is really an option if we're to have a second because I'm 35 already. I'm thinking of TTC again when Maia is about 18 months old so for what it's worth I'll just about avoid having 2 under 2 x

I've choosen a smaller age gap. We are NTNP and our gap will be anything from 21months +

Not because I'm crazy but I have weird reasons. I'm not really the most "maternal" type with babies/toddlers although of course I do love and adore LO I want to get the early years out of the way with 2 children and then our family is complete, in a couple of years they will be at preschool, I can work on my career again, we can look at buying a house etc.

xx

I can see why a big age gap works for other people but for me, with my experience of my siblings, I felt that they wouldn't be as close with a larger age gap. I also didn't really want to have got out of the habit of nappies, early mornings and bottle feeding. I really didn't want Imogen to be able to remember a time before she had a sibling. In many ways, financially most of all, it would make more sense to have waited until Imogen was older and in nursery or school, but this is the way we've done it. I think if I'd thought about the childcare costs a bit more, we might have waited, but at least we'll get it all over and done with in one fell swoop!

We are thinking 4 or 5 years age gap, my older sister is 5 years older and I get on fantasticallly with her, when growing up I used to have more arguments with my younger sister where there is a 2 and 1/2 year age gap. I mainly want this gap so that my LO will be starting school so baby will be able to have quality one on one time just like my LO does now without my LO getting jelous. I think it will probably be easier to breast feed again as well. I can defenetly understand wanting to have children close together though and may well change my mind

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"