Does anyone else feel like this...?

Hey Puppymom,
Thanks for your reply.
We've not been trying for anywhere near as long as you have (me and my DH) - you must feel so frustrated! It's such a crappy situation when lovely and loving couples can't have the one thing that they want!
It's supposed to be the most natural thing in the work - why doesn't it feel that way?!!!!!!!
x

I love this forum and knowing that there are other people who feel the same as me! Thanks for this post! I know several people who are pregnant now and still drinking, partying like mad and smoking etc.. And in general they are not good people. They seem to look at each other and fall pregnant, yet it seems impossible for me and I am doing everything right.

I watched the Jeremy Kyle show today and couldn't believe it, all the DNA tests and people falling pregnant on a one night stand. How is that even possible? The more I read up on TTC the harder it seems! So many things have to be perfect with our bodies, and our timing has to be spot on, it's crazy.

People keep saying it will happen eventually, keep trying, but I'm not so sure any more!

seriously...there's a show in the u.s. called "18 and counting". talk about pez...

i'm just ttc #1.

here's :dust: for all!!!!

xoxo

18 and counting!!! Do the babies just crawl out at that point??

I apologise if this sounds self indulgent and catty...

I can't help thinking that me and my DH would make wonderful parents. Unfortunately, we've not been blessed in that department yet. We have our own house, we both have good jobs, and we have an amazing relationship.

I feel so upset and jealous when I hear of people who have not been trying who 'fall' pregnant. I can't help thinking, 'Why not us?!'

I'm so worried that I may have 'damaged' myself too. I was on the injection for years, and I suffered with an eating disorder 3 years ago. I sometimes wonder if I'm broken because of this.

Also, I'm fed up because AF is 5 days late, but I'm still testing BFN.

Sorry if I sound like a bitch. I've not got anyone that I can say these things to.

Does anyone else feel the same?

Yes. I feel like I have friends announcing left, right & centre that they're pregnant & it's like a kick in the stomach every time.

*hugs*
xx

I feel like this today, I was gonnapost a threadsaying the same thing! AF came yesterday and I was soooo sure I was BFP this month. Then I was shopping and saw a woman about 4-5 months preggers SMOKING!! I don't and wouldn't smoke :( Makes me sad too.

Rant over! So glad I got that off my chest!

x

Hey Puppymom,
Thanks for your reply.
We've not been trying for anywhere near as long as you have (me and my DH) - you must feel so frustrated! It's such a crappy situation when lovely and loving couples can't have the one thing that they want!
It's supposed to be the most natural thing in the work - why doesn't it feel that way?!!!!!!!
x

Thanks Shoes what really frustrates me is when it it is family who are the idiots that shouldnt have kids. I have two sisters one 22 and the other 28 the 22 year old just had her second from a guy she was with for 2 mo and it was accidental as was her first when she was 18. The 28 year old neither her or her husband work and naturally they have 3 and cant even afford one. They arent not working because of the economy they just refuse too. I think they think their kids are a tax write off. So crazy and frustrating. Sorry for my rant. Feel all better now.

I know exactly how you all feel! In fact, I was just telling DH the exact thing the other night. Half my high school class had unplanned pregnancies-- I was the smart and safe one and now when I want to have a child, it is taking forever?

Sigh.... Patience is a virtue that I do NOT posess anymore.

:dust: to all!!!

Hope you don't mind if I jump in here too!!! I feel this way every day!!

Mine normally stems from the fact that I work with the worst people in the universe (I work in a jail) and these guys can spread their seed everywhere, not take care of or support their children......neither can the some of the mothers cuz they would rather support their convict bf or spend all their money on drugs (those ones often lose the children to Children's Aid), and yet good upstanding people, like my hubby and I, who both have great jobs, a nice home, and big hearts.......oh and did I mention, he's not in jail for beating me and would never lay a violent hand on me........are having to worry and go through months of trying to just get one child.

Sometimes it makes me think I should go get high and slapped around and maybe I might "accidentally" get pregnant.......although I would never do that.

Good thread.....feels good to vent and know that other people are having the same feelings!!!

I Totally Understand What Your Saying .. I No Someone Who Got Preg At 15 Had Her Boy At 16 .. And shes Actually A Shit Mum Goes Out Every Weekend and Leaves Him With A Baby Sitter .. Or Actually Lets Him See His Dad Because She Wants To Go Out .. And It Makes Me Angry Because People Like You Deserve To Have ~A Baby Not Youngsters Who Dont Actually Care ... I No Im Young My Self. But Im Ready To Have A Baby To Love And Adore Im Through With Going Clubbin Weekend ....Makes me Angry Sorry To Babble On

Hope You all Have A :bfp: Soon

XXX :dust: XXX

Well, I'm not so much angry with those who are having unplanned pregnancies then I am at the fact that I've spent so much money on types of birth control (condoms, shots, bc pills, etc) and freaked out when I didn't get AF (but was obviously not pregnant). If I would have known this was going to happen, I would have just had unprotected sex with him all along, we probably would still be where we are now, just a couple hundred dollars richer. lol

One thing before I jump on the wagon are there are a lot of 16 year olds out there that get pregnant by accident and make absolutely wonderful mums (i know one!!) - however, I am in total agreeance with you ladies that it is so annoying that when you try really hard for a baby and someone who doesn't want one can fall pregnant just like that - but remember, they probably aren't happy, just like you aren't cos you haven't fallen pregnant.... Its just a damn shame for the poor baby if they go on and make a mockery of motherhood - Good luck to us all - I had my first at 33 and now 37 going for No 2..... perhaps like someone said earlier, we should all go out, get drunk, do it in some alleyway without a care in the world - 2 weeks later we all get our :bfp:

hey ladies,
i know what your saying, i would love to have a baby but lucky me i get hit with the evil stick and i have adenomiosis at 21 , due to the pills i was on threw my cycles for a loope and its just not happening. it seems every1 around me just "happens" to get pregnant and having babies..... my friends sister is 17 still in high school living in her parents home with no job etc. i know a 15 yr old who just had a baby who shouldnt of and others such as ppl on drugs or 1 night stands just seem to get prego. y is that? yes i get sad and jealus. it just makes me think even more when you see these ppl killing there on kids on the news and stuff they should of never had the chance.....

41zipster - lets just hope we are not all in the same alleyway, that would raise quite some eyebrows!! :haha:

41zipster - lets just hope we are not all in the same alleyway, that would raise quite some eyebrows!! :haha:

ha ha..... we could go for the guiness book of records of the most :bfp:'s recorded from conceiving in one place....that would be funny

Wow, thanks for all the posts. I'm really glad to know that it's not just me that feels this way.
xxx

Well, talk shows seem to suggest that the best way to get knocked up is :sex: with as many different men as possible in the shortest time possible... SO... if we all just find the same alley and make it a huge swinger-type orgy... we can probably all get our :bfp:s and then go on t.v. to find out who the babies' daddies are! :)

@sma1588: Congrats... you just stumped me! I don't have a clue what adenomiosis is! That actually feels kind of wonderful to hear/read a new word! :happydance: - edit: I just looked it up and I withdraw my congrats! I'm sorry you're dealing with this, as it sounds terribly unpleasant. Now I kind of feel like an ass. :( Sorry, hun! :hugs:

I'm forever looking at young mums and thinking "how come they get to be pregnant/have a baby and I don't??".

I suppose I just feel as though I have done the education and career thing and got married and done all the sensible stuff and I'm meant to be 'mature' enough in my 30's to be a good parent, so why can't I just be blessed with a baby??

I have to keep telling myself that when baby comes along I know I will appreciate it even more and he/she will be even more wanted and treasured as I have waited for so many years.

Oh I'm with you girls. I know that's life, but it seems so very unfair. Two of my friends have had beautiful babies from one night stands, and me and hubby are at it like rabbits and no baba! Granted, we are 'beginners', but it can't help but feel unfair.

Shoes - you are NOT self indulgent, nor catty, just honest and desperate to be a mum - I think everyone on this forum can appreciate your sentiments.

Have you seen the programme, Underage and Pregnant - I thought it might be some of sort of programme that focused on the negatives, but seems to rather celebrate teen motherhood. A couple of the girls featured actively tried to have babies, which was even more shocking. I had to stop watching, as I was just getting depressed with these little girls having babies of their own.

It is unfair the way life plays out sometimes, but one way or another, we will all get our wish - have faith :dust:

megg,
its ok, not too many people know what it is they know what endo. is but not what i have, it does run in my family as my mother had it as well. she had my brother at 20 and me at 23 with a m/c in between as well. doctors just wanna put me on different meds and not do any test so its time to take it in my own hands im now taking vitex evening primrose oil and folic acid..... ive been with my OH for 2.5 yrs so far and really want a baby before i cant have one...... so girls i know how you feel believe me! lets just hope we all get that peice of luck that just sneaks in....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->