Does anyone else feel like this?

anneliese

Reaction score
I want another baby, but only if it's my preferred sex. I don't want more than two children and if I had another boy I know I'd love him the same in the end, but if you asked me right now, I'd prefer to have only my DS than to add another boy. I had a preference for a girl during my first pregnancy, but wasn't really too bummed because ideally I wanted one boy and one girl. I feel like if I got another boy this time it would totally crush my dreams of having a daughter and that would be really hard to live with...

Ultimately, you should have a baby to have a baby as there is no guarantee on gender which of course you already know. I wanted a girl with ds2 but ended up with a boy and I love him madly. I never wanted a 3rd child but now I've gone for it it's not such a big deal if it's not a girl, but I'm hoping. If you have another and it's a boy I'm sure you'd feel the same :hugs:

That's kind of what I've been thinking, but I am actually a little afraid that if I do have two boys that I will attempt a third which I know would not be ideal for our family. Time wise, money wise, etc. Although I could just see me getting desperate enough for a girl and trying again anyway, and then getting a third boy! :haha:

When I was pregnant with my second I was adamant there'd be no more for a whole host of reasons. I met someone else though and my feelings have changed.

Do you want to add to your family at the risk of having two boys or are you happy to leave your family as it is? I think that's what you've got to weigh up. :flow:

This is me, if I knew for sure I would be having another girl I would have a 4th right away. We all know we can't choose though so I just don't think it's fair to have another baby while I care so much about the gender :(

I have 4 boys and do want another baby. Of course I'd love to have a girl and plan on giving swaying a go. But there are days when its just a huge pile of madness and I wonder if I can really add another into all this. At those times I think if I already had a girl I'd probably say lets call it a day. And the desire for a girl does push me on a bit. But I did say before even having number 4 that whatever his gender there would be a number 5 and I know ultimately I want to do it all over again, whatever gender I get.
You need to weigh up what would be best for your family situation. At the end of the day you could be one of those lucky people who get 'the perfect pair'.

If that's your true feeling then don't have any more kids. I think when it comes down to I'd rather only have one child then add another of the same sex then I think it answers your question. I'm 34 weeks with my 3rd boy, I honestly never thought I'd have 3 boys, at least one girl in there lol but yeah I was ok with the possibility of baby being another boy and while I'd still love a girl I will not be having another baby to 'try' for a girl because I do not want 4 boys, that's just me. I'm happy with 3 little boys :)

I want a girl, with this baby we even tried to slightly sway the odds to get a pink bundle, but I'm also okay with the fact it might be another boy, I think until you're okay with the idea of another boy, you should hold off on ttc :flower:

I was 100% sure i wouldn't have no.3 , but here i am 26 weeks preg. I didn't think i was too fussed about the sex and just wanted a baby but when they told me it was my 3rd girl i was crushed and honestly i feel bad that we may have stretched our selfs a little for this 3rd girl. I do want her but i wanted a boy more does that make sense? I would leave it for a while until your sure you want a baby.

This is me, if I knew for sure I would be having another girl I would have a 4th right away. We all know we can't choose though so I just don't think it's fair to have another baby while I care so much about the gender :(

The fact that if we had a further child we would possibly get a girl is actually reason number 1 not to add to the family. Then the practical, financial and physical reasons follow it up swiftly.

All the way through my pregnancy with DS3 I was utterly convinced he was a girl - it was my way of coping with the uncertainty. When he arrived and he was a boy, I was mightily relieved and happy. I know that had he been a girl we'd have loved her just as much, but that feeling of, well it's dread, that we may get a girl if we went on to number 4, is enough to stop us in our tracks. It wouldn't be fair on anyone, least of all that LO, should we not get the right outcome.

Instead I'm off to get a Hamster! :) :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->