Does anyone else feel this bad?

Laurn82

Reaction score
I really want to feel great about my pregnancy but it just doesn't seem to be happening. I am in severe pain most of the time, in fact so bad that i was crwling round the house on my hands and knees on friday night! I feel like someone is putting a knife through my back and twisting it again and again. Then there's the sickness. Last night and saturday night i was so violently sick, just couldn't stop. :nope: And then there's been these pains that i have high up on my bump, they are there constantly there now and unbelieveably sore. Mw just says it things stretching but i don't think i can take anymore of this. I feel like an absolute wreck and i just want to be happy! :cry: I'm feeling so sorry for myself right now and can't imagine another 7 weeks of feeling like this. :nope::cry:

Hi Hun...sorry your not feeling good.

I don't mean to be dramatic but from the pain your describing, it doesn't sound 'normal'. Do you know what your BP is?? At my last MW app mine was high, and although I'd had no swelling of hands and feet, they asked if I'd thrown up (which I had done) and amongst other things, if I'd had pain in the top of my bump. If your not due a MW app for a while it could be worth seeing your GP just to get your BP checked out.

Also (seriously I'm gonna sound like a drama queen now!) but some of the pain you describe (severe back pain, pain in your abdomen and throwing up) are all symptoms of gallstones. It might be worth googling gallstones and seeing if your symptoms match....gallstones are often missed and not diagnosed (I had 6 GP apointments until they agreed to check by ultrasound) it might be worth looking into more.

Oh I'm so sorry. That sounds awful :hugs: With regard to the pain in your bump it could possibly be that you've bruised the top of your uterus maybe, or perhaps LO is very high and compressing everything. That's how my mw described it to me. The baby is head down but his bum is pushing right up, putting pressure on my lungs. The sickness must be dreadful, i really feel for you. You really should talk to your dr/mw about it because you could become dehydrated. I hope you feel better soon hun. Take care. xx

I agree with boomerslady here :) BP can do these things to you (as well as other things) and it might be best to get that checked out hun. Could just be normal for you, or could be BP... don't worry too much about it but I would get it checked :)

As for just feeling like crap... I am so there! I can't sleep for more than 1-2 hours at the time, wake up super early and can't sleep due to pain in my hips, SPD is near unbearable now, nausea is starting to come back, heart burn so bad I lay down and it literally feels like acid is going to shoot out of my face!!!! I did pretty well the whole pregnancy and now I am so fed up and to think I have 2 weeks left of this near brings me to tears...

(my bp is good, I am on meds and have a home machine as well )

Thank you both. I think I might try and get a gp appointment to put my mind at ease. I don't know if i just play it down to the mw but she never seems to be concerned. I got the same explaination about pain at top of bump (baby head down and getting kicked up there, therefore everything stretching etc) but i just didn't think that it was right to be in this much pain.
Boomerslady - gallstones would never have crossed my mind. Will ask about it and see. Bp was normal at last mw appointment, although my ankles have now disappeared completely and merged with my calves!!!

x

aww it sounds awful :hugs:
are u sure u havent got a stomach bug?? xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm no where near that bad but i have to say this pregnancy has been much harder work than last time! With lottie i sailed through it, i was sick until about 20 weeks and then it was perfect, no aches or pains, a little bit of sciatica and then i had her at 37 weeks! I loved every minute of my pregnancy! This time i have been sick longer, aches, pains, BH's since about 24 weeks, in and out of hospital, i'm huge :rofl: and just feel like everything is a huge effort, getting out of bed because of my back is a nightmare, i can't wait to have him!
You should get checked out by your GP though hun, hope you feel better soon :hugs:

aww it sounds awful :hugs:
are u sure u havent got a stomach bug?? xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Don't think so. I generally don't feel 'unwell' as such, if you know what i mean? Just in pain all the time. Don't feel nauseous, the sickness just hits me out of the blue. I so just want to enjoy my pregnancy as with my first i spent the last 2 months in hospital. :cry:

Hi Hun, just wanna say you're not alone. I seem to have suffered every bloody symptom of pregnancy and it's been truely miserable.
I also have terrible pain in the top of my bump and my ribs feel severely bruised. I also have severe back and pelvis pain due to SPD, I have swollen feet which also really truely ache and Im also very very fed up :( sucks dunnit.
My BP is perfect so I dunno whats causing all my troubles but my MW never seems concerned either. I think sometimes, some of us are just unlucky.
Hope you feel better soon I know its really mis, you just think FFS, what else can hurt!!
*hugs* x

Hi Hun, just wanna say you're not alone. I seem to have suffered every bloody symptom of pregnancy and it's been truely miserable.
I also have terrible pain in the top of my bump and my ribs feel severely bruised. I also have severe back and pelvis pain due to SPD, I have swollen feet which also really truely ache and Im also very very fed up :( sucks dunnit.
My BP is perfect so I dunno whats causing all my troubles but my MW never seems concerned either. I think sometimes, some of us are just unlucky.
Hope you feel better soon I know its really mis, you just think FFS, what else can hurt!!
*hugs* x

It really does suck! I think i just worry in case they have missed something and this is all caused through something serious! I suppose the mw's have seen it all before though. Here's hoping the next 7 weeks flies past. I hope you feel better soon too hun! :hugs:

I am soooo there with you hon, I have constant pain in my back, sides, bump, hips, lady bits, thighs, legs, knees, ankles and feet. Have to check blood glucose levels 4 times a day, take 3 insulin injections a day, 1 clexane injection a day, really high dose co-dydramol every 3 hrs, and have another 3wks to go till my induction.

I felt great till I reached the halfway mark and ever since then EVERYTHING has gone wrong. I'm at the point where I cannot imagine getting through labour without needing a c-section due to the pain I'm already in without the labour!!

Big Hugs Hon!! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"