Does anyone else have a LOT of weight to lose?

Embo78

Mum of five
Reaction score
I'm looking for other ladies that have a lot of weight to lose. I need to lose over 100lbs to be at the higher end of my healthy weight.

I started weightwatchers last Thursday (again!) and I'd love to find others in the same boat.

I'm feeling so determined and strong right now because its seriously affecting my mental state now. My little boy will soon be crawling and into everything and I'd like to be able to keep up with him and I want to make my older children proud.

It'd be nice to share this journey with some weightloss buddies.

Hi, samehere :) not sure what it is in lbsbut my healthy weight is 10 stone away :/ trying out the dukan diet coupled with an hour of wii fit everydsy (just had my hand in cookie dough tbough :() gl on your journey !

Oh great tip! I'm gonna get my wii fit out and get some well needed exercise. Forgot about that!

Good luck to you too. It's so daunting having so much to lose isn't it? I'm trying to take it stone by stone rather than thinking about all the stones together!!

I have got 6 stone to loose to get to the top end of my healthy BMI but im not going to to try to loose that much. I want another 4 of and i will see what i feel like once im there.

Wow lozzy21. Well done on the 2 stone loss :)

I'm only 5'2 and starting weight was 17st 8.5lb

I have lost just under 2.5 stone since July of last year, taking it slowly, walking most days and using my fitness pal to track everything

I don't know how much I want to lose, I a, just going to keep going and see how I feel and stop when I am at a comfortable weight for me, as opposed to what my ideal is

That's fantastic suzi. I would love to lose my weight slowly and sensibly too. I think you develop good habits that way and find it easier to keep the weight off! That's my theory anyway!!

I started Slimming World two weeks ago. I am 5'6" and my starting weight was 17 stone 1 1/2. To sit comfortably in the middle of my healthy BMI range I need to weigh 10 stone! Hahaha, I cant remember ever weighing 10 stone in my life!!!!!!! I now weigh 16.9 stone after 2 weeks of Slimming World and tweaking Hairy Dieters (Hairy Bikers) recipes.

I am taking it in half stone goals as to think I need to lose 7 stone is overwhelming and seems completely unattainable whereas with taking it in 1/2 stones, I feel like I am achieving something quite regularly (historically - I have done SW 5 times previously, my best attempt I lost nearly 3 stone).

I am doing the Couch 2 5k (C25K) jogging programme, 3 times per week with at least 30 minutes of exercise (be it walking with the buggy, dance games on the ps3 / wii etc) on at least 2 of the non-jogging days.

I am going back to work in a couple of months and need to be fit so I am having to go all out at the moment after sitting on my arse for a year of maternity leave!!!!

I have 100lb ish to lose and im struggling to get motivated at the moment. I lost 40lbs 18months agao and just gave up and its slowly crept back on plus another 15lb on top which isnt good.
I use mfp too and did well on that before but i have sciatica problems at the moment so cant get kotivated.

waahhooo good luck to you all trying to loose that weight, i've lost 60 pounds and about 20 inches <3 YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey gals! I'm in the same boat. I need to lose 100lbs....or now 85. Since Dec 28th I've lost 15 pounds. I have a journal if you guys Wanna follow. I'm happy to have people to talk with!

Weighed in today, 9lb off in 3 weeks on Slimming World. I know (from doing it 5 times previously!) it would have been more if I hadnt exercised as exercise slows my weight loss right down but I am getting much much fitter which is best for me and the weight loss is trundling along behind. Still, 9lb in 3 weeks isnt bad eh (and I still eat MASSES of food with lots of naughty -and allowed - 'syns' everyday)?!

That's pretty awesome! The job! Keep exercising though. It will help keep the weight off, and you'll burn more calories during the day.

Me! After having my baby I'm soooo much heavier than I ever have been before. I started weight watchers a few weeks ago and I'm slowly but surely losing! I have about 45 lbs to get back to my pre-pregnancy body, and I want to lose another 45 after that to be in my healthy weight range. I just take it one day at a time, and set small goals so I get to celebrate reaching them more often and avoid becoming discouraged.

Has anyone heard of the "Walk Away the Pounds" videos by Leslie Sansone? They are FABULOUS! It makes working out really easy and you don't even have to leave your house! My aunt did a combo of Weight Watchers and these videos and she lost 100lbs!

well done everyone! i'm not doing any diet as such and aiming to loose just a 1lb a week - anything over that is a bonus; in 3 weeks i have lost half a stone (nearly) so if i keep that going i'll have lost the weight i need to/want to by the end of the year HOPEFULLY!

i'm just calorie counting until i shift maybe a stone? then i'll start introducing an exercise regime or some sort. Planning on doing the 30DS again and some Yoga to build stamina

Well done ladies. You're all very inspiring :)

I lost 3 and half this week :thumbup:

The walk away the pounds sounds good. I love walking :)

How are you ladies doing today? Embo, that's excellent! Keep it up!

Sounds like everyone is doing great, and all doing different things too!

I have been struggling with a load of personal issues happening all around me and fighting the urge to comfort eat for 2 weeks. I have behaved myself and tried to keep up the exercise to 5 times a week, pretty much thinking that at the moment, my eating and exercise are the only things going on that I can control.

I struggled like mad with the treadmill yesterday. I did 35 minutes but couldnt complete my workout yesterday although I had completed the same one last week. Anyway, I put that down to really not being in the mood and will try again tomorrow. I forced myself to do half an hour with our kettlebells earlier and was surprised to really enjoy it today (not sure why, it wasnt anything out of the ordinary!) and I felt really good afterwards and havent had any overwhelming urges to eat a load of rubbish tonight for the first time in 2 weeks! I have no idea why I suddenly felt better after the workout but I am enjoying the feeling :)

Well done for not comfort eating zomo. It's hard when there's problems around.

I struggled to do my hour on the wii today cos I'm feeling under the weather but I forced myself. The kids were cheering me on so that helped :)

Great job ladies. I didn't go to the gym today. I cleaned my room haha. That involved loads of activity, so I figured meh. I don't need to. I also found out today that I'm not eating enough. Apparently I have to pay more attention to that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->