Does anyone else have opiate tolerance?

molly85

newborn, toddler & dog
Reaction score
Hi Girls,

I am trying to find any information or experience of anyone with tolerance to opiates.

Mine seems tobe a natural tolerance but am happy to find out experiences of ladies who have gained tolerance in other ways.

I am awaiting to see an aneathatist to discuss it but if anyone has been through childbirth with this issue or has already had guidance your thoughts would be gratefully reciened.

Thanks

Didn't want to read and run but have no idea about this sorry...hope things go ok for you :hugs:

I think I have quite a high threshold for it naturally, everyone else seems to say they get sleepy on 2 co-codamol but I was prescribed codeine 30mg for pain once, and it seemed to have little effect whereas when my mum was on the same medication she found it made her unbearably woozy and tired

Some people do just have a naturally higher tolerance to opiates, definitely possible

it rules out pethadiene and diamorph i believe so a wee bit annoying unless you want absolutly no pain meds. i want the option. i believe it is also used in some spinals or epis so a real issue if you get the wrong mix

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->