Does anyone else pull their tummy muscles if they sneeze, laugh, even walk too fast?!

mummynettles

Reaction score
Hi

I'm 22 weeks and I've noticed that I pull my "under-the-bump" tummy muscles a lot! If I don't crunch up when I sneeze they hurt, yesterday I laughed too hard and ended up nearly screaming in pain I pulled them so bad! Sometimes if I'm walking downhill I seem to pull the tummy muscles just above each leg, does anyone else has this? Does it mean I need to wear some sort of supportive band or something?

Thanks!

Yes, sneezing is the worst! My sneezes sounds like,
"Achoo owwwwwww!"

Yes, sneezing is the worst! My sneezes sounds like, "Achoo! Owwww!"

Thats exactly how my sneezes sound! Haha!! No one tells you about this sort of stuff!

Think my husband thinks I'm pathetic but it really hurts, the amount of noise I made yesterday after laughing at the Apprentice and then nearly screaming in pain probably doesn't bode well for the birth...I'm such a wimp!!

Lol, it's true though, it really does hurt. It's like a sharp stab right to your belly! Men will just never understand SO MANY of our pains. :roll:

I'm only 16 weeks now and have already had that for a while. If I get up too fast or sneeze, the bellow-the-bump area feels stretched and painful! Guessing it's worse on days where my bloat is bigger lol!

hello hun im turning 18 weeks pregnant and if i sneeze i get the worse pains ever due to stomach muscles think its ligaments stretching xx

Yes! I try not to sneeze (close eyes, pinch inner thigh sometimes stops it).

Oh man, sneezing really does it for me. And I sneeze like 5 times a day so it's just a bunch of fun. Haha.

Yes and have since 8 or so weeks. Baby 3 though so my muscles are probably dead weak now lol

I get this, it's absolutely horrible when I sneeze but practically anything will set it off. Yeouch!!

Yep absolutely! I laugh and it hurts some times, annnnd then I have to pee. :dohh:

This has been happening to me since day dot! lol

I find if I bend over to sneeze, I can avoid the muscle pull. Worth a try!

Yep I've had that for ages and with bad hayfever it really isn't fun 10 times in a row!

Sneezing really is the worst! I also get it when I roll over at night, or get up from sitting to quickly...I always feel like I've ripped something! :wacko:

Yep I get it too, have done since around the 4 week mark, its the one thing that made me test. I agree with an above Poster, if I bend over or crouch over it doesn't seem to happen. :)

Mhmm I've had this happen since week 8. My sneezes are usually ended in "son of a bitch!!" Then i think about it and i just called myself a bitch and lol...then end in agony from laughing right after sneezing

Yes sure do!! Sneezing, coughing, laughing, stretching etc. All of them hurt :(

That happens to me as well! And tonight I sneezed hard and peed a little... and so it begins!! :)

Haha! Well I'm glad I'm not the only one, it is really annoying I've had it from really early on too so I guess I will have to remember it as a pregnancy symptom for next time! I find as well that crouching over helps :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->