Does anyone else...

natskii

Reaction score
Have really crazy irrational thoughts as they are so desperate for a baby??

For example before myself and my partner can even think about trying for a baby we need to have a deposit for a house and have our civil partnership/marriage. We are half way there with the deposit and nowhere near sorted for any sort of ceremony.

I keep having these crazy thoughts like let's just start trying, itll force us to get our butts into gear and save more, even though I know it wouldn't.

Or nevermind the civil ceremony, itll be ok, we will sort that problem when we get to it. Knowing it would cause no end of chaos with the birth certificate??

Is anyone else being so unrealistic??? Or am I just crazy??

Hi Natskii!!

You are definitely not crazy or alone in those feelings. I am in the same boat. My partner and I have been dating since I was 16. I will be 30 on Dec. 28th. I am tired of waiting for him to propose, and tired of waiting for all the little pieces to fall into place. I have always said I would like to be married before we ttc, but I am to the point now, after buying a house together a few months ago, that I just don't want to wait on him anymore. I want a family and I am not getting any younger. I will be ttc in January (with hopes of having BFP my mid March). I have made my feelings known. We'll see what happens. lol

How long have you and your DP been together?

My thoughts everyday consist of -
"I don't need a degree"
"I don't need a mortgage, council is fine" (even though I don't agree with 9/10 parenting in my area, not saying all council estates are like this but mines is, they swear at their kids, scream at them, do drugs openly, get stupid drunk especially in summer and fight in front of kids)
"We don't need to be married" which we don't but would be nice to share a surname with my kid.
"I don't need a full time job before trying, i could try towards the end of my degree" - yeah and then not get employed and struggle.

Its so frustrating because OH jobs are low paid, unsecure, easily replaced etc and he has no qualifications so even though i want to be SAHM we could only do that in a council estate, not in a bought house because bills are higher than our house :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"