Does anyone else's baby just casually be sick?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by MrJoeBoy, Sep 2, 2009.

1. MrJoeBoy

MrJoeBoy Guest

Daisy is always being sick really casually. Pretty much after every feed, sometimes within minutes, sometimes like an hour later, she'll just lay there and almost without effort milk will just flow out of her mouth.

Not loads, but enough to make us have to change her if we don't instantly see it and catch it. It's very challenging because she'll do it when you put her down to sleep and you almost always have to get her up and change her within 15 minutes which is not exactly condusive to her having a good nights sleep.

She's 4 weeks old, she's breastfed and mum feeds her in an upright position then we sit her up for like 15 minutes after each feed but none of it seems to make a difference.

Hopefully she'll grow out of this?

2. Blah11

Blah11 ☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼

Sounds just like posseting hun. + yes, they grow out of it!

3. Mum2b_Claire

Mum2b_Claire Mummy to Ruby & Scarlett!

Yep, Ruby does exactly that and she's FF. Sometimes it comes up when we burp her, sometimes not til an hour or more later, as you say!

4. shampain

shampain Mum to Patrick! :-)

Paddy was terrible...and still can be...just this morning he brought all this breakfast up. I used to get really frustrated with the clothe changes and washing and mopping up but it does get easier..funnily rnough paddy was never sick when i was breastfeeding but was when i started formula feeding oh lordy........anyway....they do grow out of it. I know its not attractive but in the end i just used to leave his bib on all the time......just saved us all a lot of messing.

5. MrJoeBoy

MrJoeBoy Guest

good to know, the worst thing is that all the regurgitated milk causes her to have a rash on her face!

6. whiby

whiby Well-Known Member

Ethan does this too - my HV says its normal and its because the muscle at the top of the tummy isn't developed enough to hold everything in yet, so don't worry (but I know it's still annoying though)! :)

7. NIfirsttimer

NIfirsttimer Proud mum, new wife & WTT

i asked my hv about this and her theory is that its how they learn to recognise when they are full.. at the minute when they are so young they dont really know the feeling properly so almost always keep going just a bit too much, and as their bodies are clever and know how much is enough, they just send the extra few ml back up again!
    ruby does it too...

8. shampain

shampain Mum to Patrick! :-)

I used to put vasaline on paddys chin an face it stopped him getting rashes x

9. XKatX

XKatX Well-Known Member

Oliver suffered with this really badly and was on infant Gaviscon for his first 6 months. Obviously it depends how severe it is, as to whether you want to give medication or not. His milk used to just fall out all the time and he was feeding constantly because of it. He was much better once on it and just posseted like normal babies! If it is really bad, it may be worth having a chat with your doctor about it.

10. ruth222

ruth222 Mum of 1 to be Mum of 2

SNAP! Could have written that myself and My Lo is nearly 4 months and still does this, milk always coming out, but not sure whether its reflux or not, waiitng to see doc and speak to my hv about it. He has a bib on constantly, but some feeds nothign comes up.

11. claire-lou

claire-lou Jack & Martha's Mummy

I have this, I've had Jack to gP and we have tried various medicines as he feeds constantly as a result however these tend to make him worse. I don't think it as bad as it use to be thou so guess he is growing out of it abit. I know it's not attractive always smelling of sick but just tell yourself it isn't forever

12. kirstyderby

kirstyderby Mum of 2 TTC#3

My LO is the same!