Does anyone else's body play tricks on them?

Anais

Reaction score
My boobs have been swollen since about 2 weeks before my last period and also achy. My period ended 2 days ago and they haven't gone down which is really annoying as they are plenty big enough anyway.

The strange thing is this has happened before whilst TTC a few months ago.. They went down when I took a break for a few months but are now big again. WTF?

Anyone else out there have weird phantom pregnancy symptoms?

Yes all the time the only time I didn´t get symptoms was when I was pregnant. That is why symptom spotting leads to madness, you said it, our bodies lie!

yes all the time I wsh our bodies didn't play tricks on us but they do. I agree about the symptom spotting though it will make one :wacko:

Yes, all the time for me as well! Funny enough, like Natsby, the only time I did not get any symptom at all is when I got pregnant! so I if I get any pain, ache, sickness etc.. I know it is PMS and that AF is due soon.!!!

yes. BIG TIME. and totally played with me this month. even got what i thought was implantation spotting on day 8 :haha:
next month i am going to start 'lack of' symptoms spotting, it may more likely signify a pregnancy.

yes. BIG TIME. and totally played with me this month. even got what i thought was implantation spotting on day 8 :haha:
next month i am going to start 'lack of' symptoms spotting, it may more likely signify a pregnancy.

Great idea. I will join you otherwise I'm going to end up at the funny farm!

Me too! my body has mastered the evil trickery of preg symptoms--this month was def looking good--same as when I was preg with my dd 12 years ago--lack of symptoms with just a touch of aching. I had decided not to use opk's this month for a change and wouldn' t you know it my body decides to spot for 2 days a week before I am to o (I have never spotted in my life wtf?)--everything seemed normal for o day but when cm should have changed the body keeps on with the the cm and feels like still not o'd yet--this went on for 5 more days--I was feeling like I was never going to o--the egg was playing with my head I swear!--finally felt like maybe o happened because cm went away. Thought my chances were great as we managed to bd every second day til 2 days after I think I o'd. AF was even a day late (I am never late) I did a test on friday morn came up bfn and a that afternoon she came on with vengence--Stupid Body

I have revoked my friend request with my body and have officially labelled it a hostile and to proceed with much caution

Sorry for the long post--just needed to vent.

Me too! my body has mastered the evil trickery of preg symptoms--this month was def looking good--same as when I was preg with my dd 12 years ago--lack of symptoms with just a touch of aching. I had decided not to use opk's this month for a change and wouldn' t you know it my body decides to spot for 2 days a week before I am to o (I have never spotted in my life wtf?)--everything seemed normal for o day but when cm should have changed the body keeps on with the the cm and feels like still not o'd yet--this went on for 5 more days--I was feeling like I was never going to o--the egg was playing with my head I swear!--finally felt like maybe o happened because cm went away. Thought my chances were great as we managed to bd every second day til 2 days after I think I o'd. AF was even a day late (I am never late) I did a test on friday morn came up bfn and a that afternoon she came on with vengence--Stupid Body

I have revoked my friend request with my body and have officially labelled it a hostile and to proceed with much caution

Sorry for the long post--just needed to vent.

Vent away, it helps so much. I reckon we would all be preggers in no time if we were totally carefree about the whole thing.. That's impossible for me to do though because I'm a self diagnosed hypochondriac who suffers OCD majorly :blush:

OMG Im so excited Im not the only one lol! My bb's have been sore since CD 14 and Im now CD 22 and they've gotten worse! Just had bloodwork done for prolactin? Guess that can cause it and infertility etc.
I'll join in on the "lack of symtoms" spotting as well!! I get every pregnancy symptom you can think of- I go COMPLETELY insane every month :wacko:

Hmm... I think I might be the opposite, but in that only time will tell. I was pretty despondent going month after month with not even a whisper of a sign until this month. This month I seem to have symptoms up the wazoo! We'll see if it's my body playing tricks with me or not. lol

Well I'm definitely not pregnant yet because my boobs are killing me :haha:

Same here :haha:
The BEST trick thus far? breasts have never hurt this long before- EVER. Usually breasts stop hurting before period begins right... so this morning, while BD'ing :blush: I wiped and had some brown CM, so..if this is the beginning of my period, my boobs should NOT hurt. Yet they kill... but my period IS due between today and friday...
... could it then be implantation bleeding? The world may never know :shrug:

oh and P.S... nipples began to burn while typing that message- squeezed them a tad and clear liquid is coming out... I quit. LOL!

oh and P.S... nipples began to burn while typing that message- squeezed them a tad and clear liquid is coming out... I quit. LOL!

LMAO - My left nipple just started to hurt after I read your reply. No liquid yet TG.

weirdest thing ever- its like I ovulated again or something lol! Wiped and had pink streaked egg white CM..I never have discharge before period..just blood. *sigh* boobs still killin me and its starting to worry me :nope:
Dont understand whats going on...I need some wine :happydance:

It's so nice to finally hear and see this! I have been TTC, the last two months. On top of being "old" at 38 and hearing all the wonderful stories of pregnancies after 35 it has given me hope. Now, after reading this thread today, I'm hopeful this is going to be good news. It would be a wonderful birthday and Christmas present! My periods are like clockwork, 28 day cycle, the OPK's have been right on target, however, for the last 5 years that I have been off birth control I have always had "pregnant" signs, every month, 2 weeks before my cycle, the same symptoms all the time, well this month..... I have no symptoms and will find out next week if we are Positive. Thanks everyone! I thought I was going to go crazy with this and this brightened my day :)

When I was ttc our LO (me aged 35), every month my tummy would swell til I looked about 7 months pregnant. Definite phantom pregnancy, it was so weird, horrible! xx

Yes!! My first cycle TTC I could have sworn I was pregnant. I was sensitive to smell and was nauseated by it, larger nipples, tugging and pulling in my uterus and over emotional (crying at The Muppet Movie). LOL I was late but BFN. Finally AF came on CD 34. I just O'd late.

For this cycle I am not even going to pay attention to my body or even acknowledge the 2WW. LOL It definitely messed with my head!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->