Does anyone else's doctors do this?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by louisaL, Oct 20, 2008.

1. louisaL

louisaL Trying for number 1

rang up my doctors to book an appointment for my DH to have a sperm test and also to book me a smear test

The receptionist said they dont book appointments anymore they have to book for the doctors to ring DH and discuss what he wants and see if an appointment is needed. very odd although good for time wasters!!

i booked myself in YUCK! as that is straight forward apparently LOL

2. polo_princess

polo_princess ♥ Brookes Mummy ♥

Never heard of that before they dont do it like that in my area

3. honey08

honey08 mum2two boys/2mc

oh i need a smear...im not even jokin i bet ive cancelled it 5times this yr !! but thats due to af been silly/late/early etc, i must go tho, so av u app with doc to see dh aswell ? while ur there why dont u ask if u cud av cd21 done ?!? then its outa the way, ut louisa think u need2be av tryin for a yr ! little white lies dont hurt ! good luck hun x

4. rachelle1975

rachelle1975 And then there were 3!!

Hey Louisa

My GP did my lab forms for my blood but DH had to sort out his own SA.

DH rang his GP up to ask for an appt and he said no need for him to come in. His GP just prepared the lab forms and a very small tub and left it with the receptionist! All he had to do was pick it up, go home and then in the morning do his business and had deliver it to the path lab at the hospital!

Good luck :hugs:

5. louisaL

louisaL Trying for number 1

oh well thats good to know i know dh is going to be embarrassed discussing it with him as its my (life time) doctor who he has only just joined LOL it will be like hi nice to meet u lets talk sperm LOLOL

well hopefully we can just pick the stuff up from reception then and get on with it!

does anyone know if u can take the sperm in on a saturday?? to the hospital of course

6. DaisyDuke

DaisyDuke Matilda Tasya's mum :)

Hi hun, where i live we couldn't even take samples in on a saturday when we were paying. X

7. Loo

Loo Mum of 2 and one on way

Yes this is normal in some practices. Its called 'telephone triage' - kind of a check to see if they need an appt or could be seen somewhere else more appropriate or could be dealt with with advice over the phone.

Good luck