Does anyone else's SO act like this?

BrittneyAnne

Reaction score
It's the question everyone hates being asked! "When are you going to start having kids?" I always hate that question and it's awkward to answer! Even more awkward when you don't know! But anyways... my husband and I have decided to start trying in December. Since we decided this though, we talked to some of our friends and they recently had a baby. So of course they want us to hurry up! They don't know our plans but when the topic came up my husband just kept saying no. We aren't having them. Anyone else's SO do this?! I'm thinking it's just because he's scared or doesn't know how to talk about it with people. Because honestly, it's kind of awkward!

I did this when we were ttc #2. It was easier to say that I don't want anymore kids than to say "we've been ttc for over 2 years". I wouldn't take it personally. If you tell people you have plans to try or are currently trying they'll constantly be in your case. Msybe him saying no is just in hopes that they drop it.

Yeah, that's what I was kind of thinking. I think it's a way to end the topic. I usually just say I don't know when we'll have them. Which usually causes more questions.

I think it's just a way of deflecting attention from an awkward question. It's sort of a rude thing to ask honestly and even when we were in fact trying and had just been pregnant and had a miscarriage I still told people we were waiting until after some distant point in the future because it just wasn't something I wanted to talk about. As long as you know he genuinely does want children and soon, I would see it as more of an attempt to protect both of you from too much prying.

It's just rude to ask. One of my best friends has been married a year and I would love her to have a baby as it would be more stuff to do together. We've been friends since before we started school. But I would never dream of asking if they were trying. She once told me they were but her hubby always says he doesn't want kids but it's none of my business to pry. If they announce a baby great and if not I'll respect their privacy. I think your so is well within his rights to answer how he wants x

Thanks ladies! I'm just glad I'm not alone in it! Sometimes when he says it he's pretty convincing so I think maybe he doesn't want them, even though I know otherwise. I never realized how rude and awkward of a question it was until after we got married and I wanted to start trying but he was t ready. There's no "good" way to answer so usually I just say I'm not sure when we'll have them. Some of my close friends know our plans but it's not something I want to share with everyone! I mostly talk to them because they're moms already so they can answer questions that I have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->