Does anyone feel its all a bit not real yet?

vix1972

Reaction score
I spoke to my midwife yesterday and she wants me in next Tuesday morning for my first appointment. She then had me call the screening nurse at the hospital who then booked me in for the following Monday for the Harmony test (I am getting it free on the NHS because I had a previous pregnancy with positive diagnosis after a CVS test). They will also take the routine bloods that they would take at 10 weeks.

After I had these two phone calls I realised OMG I am pregnant! I spent about an hour feeling a bit panicky and sick. When I got home and told my OH about all tests coming up we were both silent for a while then I said well I am pregnant and there is a baby coming! It took these two phone calls to finally have it sink in!

When I got my bfp (bit of a surprise thought i was oving late) my response was "oh f-ing hell" then my heart rate shot up and I was a bit shaky (even though we'd been trying a year!)For the first few days I kept thinking "naaahhhhh, I must've read the test wrong" and kept looking at the photo of the test on my phone (which is my avatar!) I keep forgetting when I'm feeling ok, just get a bit of reflux once or twice a day if I dont keep my blood sugar stable. I think filling on the maternity form at the doctors made it sink in a bit more, haven't had a phone call from the midwife yet to book my first appointment

Yep thats pretty much how i have been. In a way with previous losses that happened I kind of like it this way as I am not fully focused on the pregnancy and getting pregnant as I was in the past. I feel relaxed about it and almost as if it is happening to someone else :wacko:

Congrats and H & H 9 months to you!

Sorry to hear about your losses, this is my first ever pregnancy so that's why I think I'm finding it all so surreal! I seem to be the only person who isn't mega excited!

I went for 12 week scan yesterday, baby was showing off for the camera, swinging around, kicking, waving, bouncing!

I just looked at the screen thinking awk look at the wee baby, i knew she was scanning my belly, we where looking right at my baby, but it felt like we where at some sort of training thing where they teach midwives how to scan pregnant bellies, like it was a recording on the screen kinda thing? I feel so disconnected from the pregnancy, it was an unexpected BFP, really really unexpected, ive had a couple of loss's in pregnancy so that might be part of the reason why.

I dont think i will really feel pregnant until either baby starts kicking or labour kicks in lol I know i am, i know its going well and i know i have to stick to the rules about what to eat and what not to and the rest but im guessing reality will set in at a later date!

Soo glad I am not the only one lol. It does feel weird. The main way my body has changed is that I feel generally unwell or tired with various symptoms. It is starting to sink in but I am also in the middle of trying to launch my new business so have a lot of different things to focus on!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->