Does anyone feel like they cannot let thier LO cry?

A

asacia

Is it just me? I feel that if I let LO cry or grumble for more than 30 seconds, then I'm a terrible Mum.

Anyone feel the same?

I used to feel this way and still sometimes do. But I have in the last week left LO to grumble, moan and have a little cry when going down for naps and to bed at night - it's meant that's she's learned to self settle much better and is getting more and better sleep so it's working out for the best for her. Knowing I'm doing it for her own good makes it easier! :hugs:

I rarely let him cry as I can normally tell when he's about to and intervene. There is the odd occasion when he's in the pram at the shops and I let him carry on til we get home because it's just not practical to get him out and feed him in the queue at the post office!

I don't let Harley cry, and if she is crying I'm holding her.

I'm exactly the same - I hate hearing JJ cry it breaks my heart. He only ever cries when he wants a feed though so I'm lucky - as soon as he starts to cry I run to feed him straight away

I let my LO cry - my sister didnt with hers and now she cannot put him down or do anything without him crying to be picked up.

I dont let him get hysterical - i know when he is crying for bum, food the usual

i cant leave kaleb cry long as he gets hysterical very quickly x

i dont let scott cry at all......they dont understand this age.

If Sebastian is grumbling then I leave him, but if he is full pelt crying or nearly there, I always pick him up for cuddles. His cry breaks my heart!

I found it very hard with my first, however 2 more down the line and i know a lot more about babies, i can leave to cry depending on what the cry is.

Freya never really cries, except for occasionally when going to sleep, but it's never proper crying, just grumbling. I've only heard her cry when she's had her injections and that had me in tears pretty quickly so I'm glad she doesn't do that too often!

I have let Caine cry it out at night twice and will not be doing it again.

Normally in the day I am there straight away at the first cry :dohh:

I cant bear to do it and everyone tells me off for it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"