does anyone find their food tastes strange?

louisaL

Trying for number 1
Reaction score
since friday i've had some foods i usually like and think 'yuck'.

i made a sausage casserole on fri which tasted 'cheesy' (and there was no cheese in the whole meal)
on the same day for lunch i put mayo in my sandwich and didnt like it (as it tasted strange) so gave it to the dog (although i know if preg your not meant to have mayo so some of you may not know)
nothing untowards yesterday
and today i've had leek and potato heinz soup which i usually love but it tastes so salty! and took me ages to eat.

which is another thing i am hardly eating all my meals which is sooooo unlike me lol

yep from the beginnig all the stuff i liked i hate now! its not fair. I have noting really I like now at all from this and i have no idea if the taste for them foods returns after pregnancy. I have a thread in the pregancy forum here on foods everyone hates now so you aint alone. I am hoping i wont go on to choc again my hips are shrinking lol

are you pregnant? just looked at the ticker there. you could be lol

thanks

well i am cd42 today and 20dpo and all bfn's so far. my longest cycle is 45 days which takes me to wed but unfortunately i would be too far gone for a 'typical' LP phase so if i am due for a 45day cycle i missed ovulation by a week eventho an ov stick and ff chart confirmed ovulation on the 6th oct

all very odd lol

if i was pg i would be 6 weeks tomo and recently been getting backache, and funny tastes since fri

prob all in my head though like usual! lol

best to do a test then :) I didnt understand the first sentance but am new to everything basically here myself to do with conceiving and pregnancy.

But good luck ! I thought you where when i was typing my reply until i edited it when seeing the ticker so fooled me lol

I find all my food tastes like dough nuts.....Oh wait thats cause all I am craving is dough nuts. =D
sometimes I find that things taste a little different (maybe my senses are a bit heightened)
I was eating chicken and could taste the onions in it....but my hubby swore he didn't put any in
I think its silly.

oh sorry lol i meant i was on cycle day 42 and 20 days passed ovulated and still get negative pg tests (well last one was thurs LOL)

thanks for ur reply too many how weird and i crave donuts normally LOL

food that tasted bad was one of my very first symptoms , oh and chocolate tasted really nasty , also i was more tired then usual . good luck hun :hug:

I have gone off all my usual foods and when I do try some they taste strange.
They taste offputting a bit too.

All I want is milk,orange juice and fruit.

You may well be PG,it alters our food taste/senses.

LouisaL I am really keeping my fingers crossed for you this month. When will you test again? PS I am starting to notice weird tastes too - it's like my taste buds are hypersensitive!

Oh looking good.:happydance:

I went off certain foods as they just didnt taste nice at all....but I found myself wanting milk(which I dont really drink on its own as I dont like the taste) fruit and cheese.

Oh you can eat mayo when preg so long as it pasturised. So shop bought jarred/tube stuff is ok.

I didnt fancy it but today have a craving for oven chips and mayo.

Emma.xx

All food tastes to me salty / savoury.

I have gone off stuff I would normally have eaten by the bucketfull.

Also... after I eat I feel a bit sick and then have this weird hollow feeling in my stomach like I am starving, so weird.

x

its a good symptom louisa...will keep my fingers x for u, when i got pg(although i was 7wk) tea with sugar in wud make me be sick,and lots of other stuff smelt awful :(
good luck louisa, hope this is ur mth :)

And if I am a bit late with a meal I feel physically ill..

Anything savoury tastes weird to me, but anything sweet, bring it on!!

I'm normally the other way around, I don't normally have a sweet tooth, but I loved anything savoury.....weird!!

I have a nasty taste in my mouth that makes most things taste gross ...

Chocolate tastes totally bland now (I used to be a huge chocolate fan) which is know bad thing for me.

My sense off smell is off the scale - odours are so strong smelling, and lots of smells turn my stomache.

thanks for your post just had kfc and thankfully that wasnt effected although was slighty salty but then it is anyway! lol

:dust: My food senses changed very quickly I think around the 6 week mark. Loads of things that I loved I couldn't eat or drink and wanted dairy loads. Cheese milk etc. *Fingers crossed* hun

since friday i've had some foods i usually like and think 'yuck'.

i made a sausage casserole on fri which tasted 'cheesy' (and there was no cheese in the whole meal)
on the same day for lunch i put mayo in my sandwich and didnt like it (as it tasted strange) so gave it to the dog (although i know if preg your not meant to have mayo so some of you may not know)
nothing untowards yesterday
and today i've had leek and potato heinz soup which i usually love but it tastes so salty! and took me ages to eat.

which is another thing i am hardly eating all my meals which is sooooo unlike me lol

I have definitely had food aversions! A symptom in my book!

I haven't ben able to eat curry for my whole pregnancy. I usually love it, but just can't face it now!
And I love the smell of coffee, but if I make one, I can't drink it. Gross!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->