Does anyone find tracking ovulation stressful?

Iwantbabydust

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

i understand alot of you track your cycle in a few ways including BBT. I don't track BBT I only check CM and my cervix (and I use an app for some guidance too!) however I know these can't be too reliable. However me and my partner have been doing the deed pretty much every day (apart from when AF is here, I think that would be a little gross personally). So I don't think it matters to much when I O because theres bound to be semen available to fertilise at any time.

Anyway, question is: Do any of you find it stressful tracking and how do you track? Would you find it easier if you didn't track so much, you just "go with the flow"

(I'm not ignorant, I understand due to fertility problems some women would like to know if their cycles are doing their thing properly)

Just curious!v:flower:

I honestly find it more stressful not to track. That being said, I don't do BBT just OPKs and charting it all. It helps me know that I am on the right track. Plus, my husband is a fireman so that leaves me with less days to ttc due to 24 hrs shifts.

Agree with above. I find it more stressful when I'm not tracking at least one way.

I do BBT and OPKs. For me, the BBT is easier since I'm in such habit to do it now. The OPKs can stress me out especially when I lose track of time but other than that, I feel like I have some sense of control. My OH can't always DTD every day so if I can pinpoint my O day and tell him in advance he can prepare himself which helps us immensely.

I can see why it's more stressful when you don't know what's going on and OH isn't available all of the time.

I'm deciding whether or not to start BBT..

When I was trying, I didn't track at all using BBT, I just checked cervix and cervical fluid however it didn't help me at all! I ended up trying BBT to pin point when I ovulated and it wasn't anywhere close to the days I originally thought, It was actually way earlier. I think it could help you to know when you ovulate by BBT rather than the other methods and when you get a good idea of when you ovulate it'll help you better to conceive. I've since stopped trying to get pregnant for a little while but still take my BBT to chart!

Interesting! Maybe I should invest in a decent BBT thermometer after all..

I would definitely invest in one, Iwantbabydust!

If I tracked my cycles without BBT, I would have no idea what is going on, and that can be super stressful! BBT in conjunction with CM and CP tracking can kind of solidify any speculation of what's actually going on in there. Of course, sometimes it is never for certain, but it does make it easier! For example, I got darker OPK lines on CD 7-ish this cycle, but it had faded substantially the next two days. I was thinking mayybeee ovulation, because my temp actually rose. But it dropped again after a day or two so I predicted that I probably had a failed ovulation attempt or my egg wasn't ready (happens to me quite often).

With BBT, I have a better idea of things. A year or so ago, I got two positive OPKs but didn't track my BBT. I thought I ovulated based on the OPK alone. I got my AF a whole month after. It turns out that I ovulated two weeks after that positive OPK. Now I know that I need a continual high temp or I probably didn't ovulate.

It may take some practice to see your individual patterns. My cycle is so crazy lol, but it's awesome to be able to look back on your chart and reflect. Baby dust to you! <3

That's some pretty awesome insight there, thank you. Hopefully it will be a little straight forward, as my cycles seem regular atm.

Good luck x

You're very welcome! Good luck to you as well <3

I "track" through cm and ovulation pain. This is my first month ttc my second child, and I'm not sure are accurate my tracking method is. I typically get AF 2 weeks after ovulation pain though and my cm seems more watery leading up to ovulation pain.

Both. If I didn't track things I would be stressed out not knowing what was happening, but at the same time I still find it stressful tracking because although I know what's happening and when, if there are any alterations it can be confusing and it's also pressure. You know when you're about to ovulate (or at least have a good idea) so instead of having sex just for pleasure it feels as if you're on a mission, and like you must have sex then. This can put pressure on both myself and my husband, to automatically be in the mood or have enough energy to even if we haven't slept much, or power through his back pain or my headaches or anxiety (actually once you have sex it can really help anxiety but being in the right frame of mind can be a challenge!).
I found it much less stressful when I was completely naive to my reproductive system, 'back in the day' when I thought it was as easy as have sex and a baby magically appeared after nine months. Lol. But I became pregnant very easily back then and it wasn't an issue, despite being overweight at the time. I paid zero attention to my body or my cycles except to have an idea of when af would probably arrive. It was quite blissful!
But these days, after having other issues which have had an impact (or at least, these are the only reasons I can find as to why I would be finding it harder now), I find myself experiencing symptoms of low progesterone and having chemical after chemical and seventeen cycles later, no baby to show for our efforts. Initially it was exciting, it was a new thing and I enjoyed learning about things but after this many cycles it becomes stressful. I know there are people with much harder problems than I have and who have been trying for years rather than months, but it's hard nonetheless

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"