Does anyone have a unique name

My name is Damara - which is greek for gentle girl. My mom got it out of a book she was reading when she was pregnant with me. I hated it for the longest time. Now its just me...I enjoy having a unique name and my child will have a unique name as well.

The most unusual/unique names Ie heard for girls is

Talia
Dixie
Corynn
Elora

My best friends is called Cassandra Evelyn

Hope you get a name you both like xxx

I love the first name (lol) She'll always have to say "Kassandra with a K" when needed but it's an awesome name!

I LOVE unique names but I don't have one...Tamra. Its not spelt regularly but that was just a nuisance growing up and still is because most of us are spelt Tamara. Mine is said Tam-ruh, though not Ta-mare-uh or Tuh-MAR=uh.

I gave mine more unique names I think, not all of them are as different as I would like, i do have ONE -aiden sounding name, hubby insisted

Killian Sebastian
Asliea (Az-lay-uh) Jonlie (shjon-lee)
Zaden Donivan Joe
Maddox Alexzander
Valekyrie Marilyn Michelle
Ozzie Lawrence
Ricky Timothy Thomas (our angel)

and right now I am expecting a daughter in July and some names on my list are
Saylim
Caremie
Lexsade
Evellia
Magnolia
Magdalyn
Tayomie

My name is Ysatis (The Y & I are like the I in Lisa.. - Eesa-tees), it means 10,000 women in 1. My sister's name is Tiana, it means Princess in greek I think.. & my niece's name is Phoenix.. All of our names are unusual! ;)

I like the name Zander and almost named my son it but ended up going with Logan Evan instead... Now of course we know three Logans his very age!

I never knew anyone with the same name as me growing up - Courtney - and was the first baby girl to be named that where I stay, but its quite popular now.
My sisters are Cally (becoming more popular now too) and Cairn (Scottish, and never pronounced right :haha:)
My friends called Elkie which I thinks unusual too.

xx

My name is Lara, which is pretty uncommon. I know a lot of Laura's but have only ever met 1 or 2 other Lara's.

My parent's named me after the character in the book/film Dr Zhivago, but now most people recognise it as being from Lara Croft Tomb Raider!!

But I have always loved my name, and get so many comments about how pretty it is.

If we have a girl we are going to call her Lyla, which is quite similar to my name but different enough I think.

I love the name Bailey too, but prefer it spelt Bayley :)

Im lara too lol, and am also named after the book Dr Zhivago :) My son is Noah, which before I had him I thought was very unusual as had never ever met anyone called Noah, then after I had him I met like a million of them :( x x x

Before we lost our first, we picked out a girl's name of Diana Lyn (not very unique)... If this one is a girl, we like the name Bristol Giuliana (more unique).

My name is Ysatis (The Y & I are like the I in Lisa.. - Eesa-tees), it means 10,000 women in 1. My sister's name is Tiana, it means Princess in greek I think.. & my niece's name is Phoenix.. All of our names are unusual! ;)
I love these names!!! They are very unique!

Thanks! if we end up having a babygirl, (whenever we get our BFP) I want to name her Willow Isabella.. I've heard WIllow a lot more since joining BnB, but I absolutely love that name & it isn't common where I'm at, and then Isabella because it just reminds me of my name (Isa & Ysa), plus it's beautiful..

Before we lost our first, we picked out a girl's name of Diana Lyn (not very unique)... If this one is a girl, we like the name Bristol Giuliana (more unique).

Sorry for your loss :hugs: We lost our baby also, it was in June of 2010.. Bristol Guiliana is a very pretty name.. :flower:

My (male)friends middle name is Dallas which I thought was nice and different :)

My name is Lara, which is pretty uncommon. I know a lot of Laura's but have only ever met 1 or 2 other Lara's.

My parent's named me after the character in the book/film Dr Zhivago, but now most people recognise it as being from Lara Croft Tomb Raider!!

But I have always loved my name, and get so many comments about how pretty it is.

If we have a girl we are going to call her Lyla, which is quite similar to my name but different enough I think.

Im lara too lol, and am also named after the book Dr Zhivago :) My son is Noah, which before I had him I thought was very unusual as had never ever met anyone called Noah, then after I had him I met like a million of them :( x x x

Hi Lara :hi:

Nice to meet another one :thumbup:

And how funny, but if we have a boy this little one is gonna be called Noah!!

I guess we Lara's have good taste hey?!! I am a littl worried that Noah is becoming more common now, but I personally don't know any round here. What is his middle name? We are thinking Noah Samuel James :happydance:

Hi Lara :hi:

Nice to meet another one :thumbup:

And how funny, but if we have a boy this little one is gonna be called Noah!!

I guess we Lara's have good taste hey?!! I am a littl worried that Noah is becoming more common now, but I personally don't know any round here. What is his middle name? We are thinking Noah Samuel James :happydance:

MADNESS!!!!!!! Noah has two middle names but his full name is :

NOAH SAMUEL ERIC

oh and my OH's name is Samuel James, hence Noah's name lol xxx

i want to name my daughter Chesha Dawn :) its different :) and my friend wants to name her daughter BlyssLynn Rose

Our little boys name is Thomas Emlyn. Emlyn hasn't been used (popularly at least) for probably 80 years.

First of all, if i'd been having a boy he would have been Herbie! I LOVE that name!

My name is Kerri, common name but forever correcting people on the spelling. My dd is Poppy and if i had my way this baby would be either Clementine or Aurora but hubby thinks they are too unusual :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->