Does anyone have Hashimotos?

Bellylicious

Reaction score
Sorry for the double post, I posted in third thrimester section by mistake.

Its sound like some Japanese food snack, lol

Seriously though, does anyone? I do. Its an auto immune disease and 1 in 100 women will develop it after birth. After giving birth to my first daughter I developed antibodies that attacked my thyroid gland. I dont have the antibodies anymore but my thyroid doesnt work as it did before.

I have to take 100 micrograms of thyroxine each day.

My doc said I should get regular checks because sometimes in pregnancy your thyroid can go balistic. Luckily mines fine right now.

Just for interest, the symptoms are, dry skin and hair, hair loss, constipation, feeling tired and lethargic, weight gain. They are the main ones.I developed a goiter because of it, that looked stunning, NOT. Anyway once I started the meds it went down. PHEW

Anyone else got a low thyroid?

i don't!
i've never heard of this before..
just didn't wanna read and run!

hope your thyroid stays in check this time around! :)

I'd never heard of it before. I've got loads of those symptoms but think that's due to being pregnant.

As Natalie said, hope yours behaves itself x

My mum has it.
And my grandmother had a low thyroid.
When I first started charting, I had really low body temps and was sure I must have a low thyroid, as well, but I've been tested a few times and nothing's come of it.
I'll keep an eye out after the birth, though. I didn't realize it could be triggered by pregnancy. Thanks for the tip!

Hi, I have an underactive thyroid too I am on 50mcgs of thyroxine daily, touch wood so far it has been fine in pregnancy and I have remained on the same dose I was on before. They are testing my tft more often because I am pregnant.

Just thought I'd tell you that I had a prenatal appointment today and mentioned this thread to the doctor. She said, "now that you mention it, we should be monitoring that more closely." and is sending me to do bloodwork.
Good heads up! Thanks again!

Hey, Im glad Ive bought this to peoples attention. I suffered for months because I didnt know anything about it and my symptoms were similar to when you have just had a baby so I just let it go, until, I developed a goiter!!

Oblivionbaby-glad your thyroid levels are stable! Mine too. Lets hope it stays that way...

I havent been tested for Hashi's yet even though I keep asking for my GP to do it lol! I do have hypothroidism though, my TSH was 39 before I got diagnosed lol.

Like Belly I suffered for years because of it! Now I feel a little better :happydance: I'm on 150mg thyroxine atm :)

Tabby
xxx

I am Hypothyroid, and I'm up to 300 mcg.... and when the doc hears I'm prego she will up it again. Its crazy. :(

hi ,
i'm hashimotos and underactive thyroid and was on 100 mcgs thyroxine,but when i got pregnant my levels went up (i had palpitations ) and they brought down the thyroxine to 100mcgs 4days/week and 50 mcgs 3days/week and going to have a thyroid ultra sound and bloods in few weeks time.........

I saw something about this on TV actually.. on medical mysteries or something lol. The woman didn't know what it was but she always felt better when she was pregnant because the hormones change the way your thyroid works I guess?

I have it. I'm on 150mcg a day. I still have the antibodies in my system but Chloe is clear. I had a thyroid check every trimester, twice in the 3rd and my thyroid levels were the most stable they have ever been whils I was pregnant!!

Good luck

I have to get tested for hypothyroidism. My chart temps were quite low, so my doc wants me to get this checked out.

Crossing fingers!

:)
A

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583