Does anyone have PCOS and is on Clomid?

Hope13

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Is anyone out there on Clomid whilst suffering from PCOS? Just getting increasingingly nervous about my appointment scheduled for Wednesday and praying for Clomid. I'm 37 and have recently suffered a m/c.

Thank you.

I have PCOS and have been on Clomid for 5 months now. I am also taking Metformin. My Dr. gave me the clomid on my 1st visit with him. He started me out at 50mg for the first two months. When I returned he started me on the Metformin. For the last two months I have O'ed with the combo of Clomid and Met. Well at least I think I have O'ed seeing as how I finally started getting AF without having to induce it with medication. I am now on Cd 25 I believe and either waiting for a BFP or AF. It is a tough journey with PCOS there have been times that have been very difficult but It can be helped and there is def hope for us girls. Don't get discouraged and just believe that your time will come!!

I have PCOS and have been on Clomid for 5 months now. I am also taking Metformin. My Dr. gave me the clomid on my 1st visit with him. He started me out at 50mg for the first two months. When I returned he started me on the Metformin. For the last two months I have O'ed with the combo of Clomid and Met. Well at least I think I have O'ed seeing as how I finally started getting AF without having to induce it with medication. I am now on Cd 25 I believe and either waiting for a BFP or AF. It is a tough journey with PCOS there have been times that have been very difficult but It can be helped and there is def hope for us girls. Don't get discouraged and just believe that your time will come!!

Thank you for replying and your experience Rasperryrain. Could I ask a really personal question, is your BMI normal. Im sorry for asking but my BMI is a little over what it should be and I am scared he wont prescribe it. My friend is the FS's secretary and says that he doesnt usually stop prescribing it if a little over the BMI but I have got myself in such a state worrying about it. Good luck in getting your BFP...keeping everything crossed for you!

Thanks!! Yes, my BMI is in the normal range I am 5'5 and about 135. I still think that he may prescribe it for you. Don't stress too much about it! I've also heard that some Dr.'s give Femera also and that has awesome results as well. I think it all depends on your doctor. Good Luck!!!!:flower:

I was just diagnosised with PCOS and took my very first clomid today. I'm also on metformin.

Hope - I'm definitely over my BMI and my doc didn't have a problem giving it to me.

I have suspected PCOS and I'm on my second cycle of Clomid. I'm currently on CD 6 and last round I ovulated CD 26 so I have a long ways to go.

hey lady's- hope you dont mind me replying :)

I was on metformin for Insulin Resistance & i am boarder line PCOS. I first tried clomid more than a year ago but only gave it 4 cycles (hubby thought it was a waste of time & wanted to move onto the next step) next step iui didn't work either so i took time off to lose weight (BMI was over 35!) i lost 5kg in 6 months (not easy with the above mentioned) Dr suggested we try clomid again & it worked 1st go!!

I hope you have just as much luck as me!! :)

I have my first appt on Wednesday too and also have PCOS:) I am going private as my BMI is 35 and on the NHS they only prescribe to ppl under BMI 30. The same Dr said that I would benefit from Chlomid, but they have to have cut offs under the NHS and weight is one of them. They did say tho that if I was say 31 BMI then they would think about prescribing it, so I think there is some flexibility. If they see youre actively trying to lose weight then Id think that would count towards you.

Ive asked if my weight would be a barrier to them prescribing Chlomid privately, and its not. So seems its not medically dangerous to take it when youre heavier. I think they would probably look at things like your blood pressure, blood sugar etc and if theyre normal then youre good to go.

I have read of people taking chlomid when they were 44 BMI so have no idea if there is a upper limit to taking it, just probably restrictions on whether you would healthily carry the baby.

I hope the appointment goes well.

Thanks everyone. I think it probably depends on different areas as my friend who is the fs's secretary says he definately does not stop prescribing it due to weight. I work for the NHS also and funding is different in different areas. As I am 37 also, I think that will go in my favour as I don't have time to mess about. I am a size 12 bottom half and size 16 top half (due to the curse of having big boobs). The FS is on holiday next week so it will be his registrar who I see who is female. Hopefully this will be a bonus too as women understand these things so much more in my opinion. Fingers crossed it all happens soon for everyone. Thanks for replying ladies. xx

I was just diagnosised with PCOS and took my very first clomid today. I'm also on metformin.

Hope - I'm definitely over my BMI and my doc didn't have a problem giving it to me.

Thanks sweetie for your reply. That has made me feel so much better. x Good luck to you...keep me posted how you go. x

I have PCOS and am on Actos for insuling resistance and clomid. My doctor does things a little different and I take 50mgs of clomid for only days 3,4,5. I also chart all my CM so that he can look and see what is going on.

I think I finally O'd this month! My temps are up, Breasts are sore, and I had cramping...so I am about 4DPO I think. Anyway, the clomid seems to have dried up the mucus and so if I don't get pregnant this round I have to start taking some stuff for that. Vitamin B6 tablets extended release is recommended...

Also most woman with PCOS have Vitamin D def. so have the doctor check and then you will probably want to take supplements. I take 4000 IU a day..

Sorry to ask a qu on your post hope13, but how long have you been trying?

I'm only on my 3rd cycle ttc, and thinking of asking for clomid as I have really long cycles due to my pcos. I'm not sure if they'd prescribe it to me on the nhs yet tho.

Sorry to ask a qu on your post hope13, but how long have you been trying?

I'm only on my 3rd cycle ttc, and thinking of asking for clomid as I have really long cycles due to my pcos. I'm not sure if they'd prescribe it to me on the nhs yet tho.

We have been trying for over 2 years. I have had all of the tests with my fs, ie bloods, hsg etc and Clomid is the next stage. Because of my age (37), we haven't got oodles of time to play around with. I was referred to FS last Feb. Are you under a FS? I hate to say this but it is a long waiting game with the NHS so be prepared. It is soooo frustrating! x

I've been seeing a fs through BUPA for my pcos. I was diagnosed in Nov, my first cycle ttc was 160 days but agnus castus brought my last cycle to 47.

All my bloods have come back ok, my only symptom is long cycles. The fs will treat me privately but that will be very expensive.

I have absolutely no patience as it's so frustrating already having missed a few opportunities to conceive due to long cycles. I might see what my Gp says then think about going private.

Thanks Hope13 and fx for you x
:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back