does anyone here NOT know their HCG level?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by ProudMum, Dec 10, 2009.

1. ProudMum

ProudMum Well-Known Member

I havent even had a blood test to see what my levels are.
    I didn't with my first pregnancy either... is this not a routein thing in the uk??
    I remember with DS when I was getting BFN at 10-14weeks, I asked for a HCG test and was refused.

2. Jasa1911

Jasa1911 Well-Known Member

I dont know mine, I wasnt even offered bloods although my last 5 pregnancies ended in the early stages!

I think your right its not routine for the UK, if you get a positive test then thats that.
    Lazy Doctors lol!

3. lauren28

lauren28 Well-Known Member

I have had one blood test but it didn't test hcg levels.

4. MrsP

MrsP Mummy to Eleanor & Henry

I don't know mine either hon. Also wasn't offered to me at last pregnancy. My doc doesn't ven do a urine sample to confirm he is happy with the ones on the high street and just gets the ball rolling. x

5. ProudMum

ProudMum Well-Known Member

Not sure if I should feel concerned by the fact that the UK doesnt routeinly do these tests- I hear my bubs HB everyday but does this have anything to do with HCG????:shrug: Can you still have low HCG even if you're measuring on time with good heartrates?
    I have absolutely no idea what the prupose of HCG even is.

6. kathy khuz

kathy khuz Well-Known Member

its not routine in malaysia too... i've once done the blood test few years ago, to check whether i'm pregnant or not, since i have mixed :bfp: and :bfn: results... it turned out negative....

7. Beadette

Beadette I'm a blummin' Mumma!!!

I don't know and I don't think I'd want to know either as i would only end up panicking if it wasn't as high as others at same stage etc etc! I've done 15 tests and know I'm pregnant and now it's just an anxious wait to get the scan at 12 weeks! I think sometimes the less I know about certain things the better!!!

My mw took lots of bloods the other day but not one of them as it mentioned that it was to test hcg xxx

8. Lena

Lena Guest

They did mine when i was in the hospital at around 7 weeks and they were about 78,000 i think... they usually check them again a few days later to see if they doubled but they said they were quite high (which is a good thing) so didn't bother checking them again. Had I not been in the hospital, I don't think they would have checked them.

9. wannabemamma

wannabemamma Well-Known Member

I saw the doc yesterday and she didn't take any blood. Can't say what MWs do though, not seeing her for a few weeks.

10. MilitaryMummy

MilitaryMummy Mum to Macie Brooke xxx

Hey, i don't know my HcG either hun! I've got to go for blood test's at the doctors but none of these are for my HcG levels!!!!
    I guess it's just not routine unless you have had problems before i think!
    I wouldn't worry to much about not having it done!!! xx

11. Crypto1976

Crypto1976 Guest

Its pretty irrelevant once you have had a scan. Its useful up until about six weeks to check that the pregnancy is progressing but after that the most accurate way to check is to scan.

Once you have had a scan its really neither here nor there unless a problem is identified. X

12. holywoodmum

holywoodmum 2 girls and one cooking

nope not for me. I think it just doesn't happen in the UK

13. Katherine

Katherine Well-Known Member

I don't. I had an appointment with the midwife at week 6, and she ordered a bunch of blood tests.. hepatitis, AIDS, I think even for diabetes, (they draw 5 tubes of blood from me!!!) but not for hCG. I asked the midwife, since I had a molar pregnancy last year. She said that she was just ordering the standard test, and hCG wasn't included.

14. sarahchops86

sarahchops86 lexie and logan's mummy

I've had 3 hcg tests as I was suspected eptopic but they arent offered routinely here xx

15. Adela Quested

Adela Quested Well-Known Member

I'm not in the UK but they're not offered routinely here either - in fact I have only been examined as I pushed and pushed for it! They pretty much just leave you alone here until 8 to 10 weeks.

16. NG09

NG09 Well-Known Member

I've not had a it done yet either. Sawthe doc at 4 weeks and she took urine samlple. Seemingly the MW will take blood at about 8 weeks, but don't know what for! I hate needles so trying very hard not to think about it yet!! lol

17. maratobe

maratobe Well-Known Member

i had a blood test to confirm pregnancy but no one told me anything about HCG they just told me that i am pregnant haha

18. Wyatt'smama

Wyatt'smama Mother of 1 beautiful son

I think it depends on your Dr, too...my MW usually won't tell me what it is unless I ask...and even then, she's hesitant...i suppose it's so I don't obsess over the number :wacko:

19. ladypotter

ladypotter Three Girls!!!

I only got a first round done at 3wks 2dys which was 34!!! Really low they said (which after reading online, seemed quite normal for that stage)...however didn't lean me to think I was having twins!! I never got another HCG blood draw again. That was it...so nope...I don't know mine either.

20. rihanna

rihanna Well-Known Member

no i dont know mine, i dont think people need to know really. Only if there is a problem or queirys etc x