does anyone here NOT know their HCG level?

ProudMum

Reaction score
I havent even had a blood test to see what my levels are.
I didn't with my first pregnancy either... is this not a routein thing in the uk??
I remember with DS when I was getting BFN at 10-14weeks, I asked for a HCG test and was refused.

I dont know mine, I wasnt even offered bloods although my last 5 pregnancies ended in the early stages!

I think your right its not routine for the UK, if you get a positive test then thats that.
Lazy Doctors lol!

I have had one blood test but it didn't test hcg levels.

I don't know mine either hon. Also wasn't offered to me at last pregnancy. My doc doesn't ven do a urine sample to confirm he is happy with the ones on the high street and just gets the ball rolling. x

I dont know mine, I wasnt even offered bloods although my last 5 pregnancies ended in the early stages!

I think your right its not routine for the UK, if you get a positive test then thats that.
Lazy Doctors lol!
Not sure if I should feel concerned by the fact that the UK doesnt routeinly do these tests- I hear my bubs HB everyday but does this have anything to do with HCG????:shrug: Can you still have low HCG even if you're measuring on time with good heartrates?
I have absolutely no idea what the prupose of HCG even is.

its not routine in malaysia too... i've once done the blood test few years ago, to check whether i'm pregnant or not, since i have mixed :bfp: and :bfn: results... it turned out negative....

I don't know and I don't think I'd want to know either as i would only end up panicking if it wasn't as high as others at same stage etc etc! I've done 15 tests and know I'm pregnant and now it's just an anxious wait to get the scan at 12 weeks! I think sometimes the less I know about certain things the better!!!

My mw took lots of bloods the other day but not one of them as it mentioned that it was to test hcg xxx

They did mine when i was in the hospital at around 7 weeks and they were about 78,000 i think... they usually check them again a few days later to see if they doubled but they said they were quite high (which is a good thing) so didn't bother checking them again. Had I not been in the hospital, I don't think they would have checked them.

I saw the doc yesterday and she didn't take any blood. Can't say what MWs do though, not seeing her for a few weeks.

Hey, i don't know my HcG either hun! I've got to go for blood test's at the doctors but none of these are for my HcG levels!!!!
I guess it's just not routine unless you have had problems before i think!
I wouldn't worry to much about not having it done!!! xx

Its pretty irrelevant once you have had a scan. Its useful up until about six weeks to check that the pregnancy is progressing but after that the most accurate way to check is to scan.

Once you have had a scan its really neither here nor there unless a problem is identified. X

nope not for me. I think it just doesn't happen in the UK

I don't. I had an appointment with the midwife at week 6, and she ordered a bunch of blood tests.. hepatitis, AIDS, I think even for diabetes, (they draw 5 tubes of blood from me!!!) but not for hCG. I asked the midwife, since I had a molar pregnancy last year. She said that she was just ordering the standard test, and hCG wasn't included.

I've had 3 hcg tests as I was suspected eptopic but they arent offered routinely here xx

I'm not in the UK but they're not offered routinely here either - in fact I have only been examined as I pushed and pushed for it! They pretty much just leave you alone here until 8 to 10 weeks.

I've not had a it done yet either. Sawthe doc at 4 weeks and she took urine samlple. Seemingly the MW will take blood at about 8 weeks, but don't know what for! I hate needles so trying very hard not to think about it yet!! lol

i had a blood test to confirm pregnancy but no one told me anything about HCG they just told me that i am pregnant haha

I think it depends on your Dr, too...my MW usually won't tell me what it is unless I ask...and even then, she's hesitant...i suppose it's so I don't obsess over the number :wacko:

I only got a first round done at 3wks 2dys which was 34!!! Really low they said (which after reading online, seemed quite normal for that stage)...however didn't lean me to think I was having twins!! I never got another HCG blood draw again. That was it...so nope...I don't know mine either.

no i dont know mine, i dont think people need to know really. Only if there is a problem or queirys etc x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->