Does anyone know how common Missed Miscarriages are?

EternalRose

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I hope I dont offend anyone who has had one, I just wanted to know because I had really bad cramping leading up to the date my af was due, wich was the 15th August then all my symptoms just disappeared out of the blue on the 16th :shrug: Since then I have had one occasion where I had cramping that woke me up at about 7 in the morning, but it only lasted 5 minutes and I felt really bad for getting the fiance up. Ive not had any bleeding at all since getting my bfp, but when I spoke to the nurse from nhs direct she said even if you was to have a missed miscarriage you would still have symptoms because the hormones would still be high..but on other places I have read they say that your symptoms decrease? Just wanted to know if anyone knows about this as I havent had any cramping at all since that 7 am moment..

EternalRose

Hiya, I had a mmc about 4 years and I amabsolutly terrified ofithappening again so I asked the nurse when I went for my first appointment how commen they were and she said they were very common but because I have already had one Im nomore likey to have another one its just if it happens it happens I am trying to stay calm but ind it very hard.

Do you mind if I ask you how many weeks you were when you found out you had a mmc, Im sorry for your loss. xx

I had a mmc in 2005, at the time i remember DH looking up chances and he said it was about 1% although i have read that it can be more like 15-20% I think the figure seems more as we're having earlier scans now, which might detect a mmc but that might have just ended up just being a miscarriage.

It's normal to worry hun, i worry constantly and DH wont commit to thinking about baby until he has seen the little heart beating.

Just remember that if the worst does happen it's through no fault of yours.

xxx

Thankyou. I was 11 weeks when I went for my first scan and they found no heartbeat. It was terrible I have the pic of lil baby and he/she will always be close to my heart.

Thank you cbear & bingles...so did you lose any of your symptoms or were your symptoms still as strong? I try not to worry about the possibility of it, but it can happen to anyone. It must have been so hard for you both :hugs:

Its funny beacause I was talking to a mate of mine when I first got pregnant that time and I was telling her I was having no sypmtoms and the area around pubic bone wasnt going hard like she said hers did and all I wanted to be was big and fat and pregnant. She was like dont worry it will happen so I belived her I didnt even know about mmc. I am comparing everything this time to last time. My pubic area has gone hard I have sore boob and getting nausia feelings no actual sickness tho which I would love I know I must be mad so Im hoping the fact I have some sort of symptoms this time is a good sign.

Thanks hun.

I thought i was lucky as i had hardly any symptoms at all. I had my scan at 10+ weeks and it showed that the pregnancy had stopped at 6w.

I was pregnant again 6 months later but we were terrified of going to the scan, i didn't sleep the night before, but sure enough he was there...and now he's here!!!

Obviously i think about it a lot but there's nothing i can do to change what is going to happen.

It's really hard but PMA's are needed all around:hugs:

Its a funny one pregnancy, because some people have no symptoms all throughout there pregnancy and still have healthy babies. I guess we just have to try and relax and hope for the best, positive mental attitude is what we all need. How many weeks are you? And pubic bone needs to be hard, im going to have a little feel now..:blush:

I dont know if it needs to be hard lol but hers was and mine is and I know anothergirl saying the samehappened to her.. I will be 6 weeks on thursday Im waiting till my scan befoe I get a ticker

Yeah, I was a bit worried that I have dived in too far ahead with the tickers and journals but I have tried to keep positive so I thought what the hell. :) When is your scan, and how many weeks are you. I am meant to be going for my pvt scan on 9th September but Im going to bring it backwards, and have it next week. I cant wait any longer!

I will be 6 weeks on thursday not sure when I have a scan yet waiting for the letter.I think it will be around week 11 - 12 I think thats normal for Ireland.I have a doc appointment in 3 weeks

I DONT HAVE A ANSWER FOR YOU BUT WANTED TO SEND YOU MY BEST WISHES AND I HOPE IT ALL WORKS OUT FOR YOU ALL TAKE CARE :hugs: :kiss:

Eternal Rose do you have any symptoms that you can focus on to keep you positive? For example, my cramping had stopped at around your stage, except for the odd one here and there. But Ive had quite profuse discharge from ovulation, that Id never had before. Its been a real blessing as Ive "felt" pregnant with that.
I dont know how common mmc are, sorry you are anxious. I think first trimester is such an intensely anxious period its awful! xx

I know hun, im continuously worried that my baby is ok, i never thought I would be like this but this is my first child. I have had over the top, white discharge and my breasts have stabbing pains through them now and again, nipples soreish and boobs definately heavy but im 36G anyway so that could be subjective, and morning sickness really hit me for the first time today but I swear sometimes I feel all my symptoms are in my head, and that there is going to be no baby at the scan, im going through such a funny period its unbelievable. x

I have had three mcs and each one was different. The first, I had all the normal symptoms (sore bbs, tired as all heck, hungry) and then bam...they vanished and went to my first u/s around 7wks to see nothing but an empty sac. Second one, I really didn't have ANY sypmtoms, saw a hb at 7wks, then went back at 8wks and the baby had died sometime that week. Took me two more weeks to physically mc that one. Then with my daughter, I had very little symptoms (only sore bbs -just minor too...not alot) and she was fine. After her I had another early loss, I didn't even find out until like 5-6wks and then literally started a period a few days later which was just a little more than normal heaviness.

Point is...we worry when we HAVE symptoms, we worry when we DONT have symptoms. Each person is different and each situation is different. Try not to worry too much (as I am hanging my head in shame because I am a worrying FOOL right now with my u/s tomorrow)...I know it's easier said than done, but most of the time, what will happen will happen and there isn't much to be done about it. Good luck!! :)

Thanks for taking the time to reply to me hun, and sorry for your losses xx:hugs:

I had a mmc last year! I was 11 weeks when i started to bleed, they rushed me in for a scan and baby had stopped growing at around 6 weeks! I was heart broken!

i still got symptons...I was sooo tired, and my boobs jsut kepy growing and growing and i went off tea! They were the only symptons i got, and i thought maybe i should have none cos i never got sick... but i never got that this time and it was successful. if anything i had less symptons this time

Eternal Rose, i think you have loads of positive symptoms. Its totally normal to be worried, I am exactly the same and this is my first child too. Its just so hard to believe that its happening and obviously we fear it being snatched away from us.
ladypotter im so sorry for your losses. congrats on your pregnancy xx

Hi

I had two mmc before having DS. The first I had all my normal pregnancy symptoms but started spotting in week 8. Went to EPU for a scan and they couldn't find pregnancy - suggested it may be ectopic. They did bloods and founds count going down therefore ruled out ectopic and I had a D&C. They said afterwards it was a mmc.

The second one I had a normal 12 weeks and went to get my scan to find out that baby had again died at 8 weeks. Had another D&C.

Three months later fell pregnant again and was worried sick but had a beautiful healthy boy. My symptoms with my DS were definately stronger. With the first two I felt sleepy but didn't need the naps with DS I was absoultely flattened, but my MS was not as bad.

I guess what I am trying to say is that each pregnancy is different and there is no sure way of knowing.

I wish you all the best for the next 9 months, I totally know what you are going through. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->