• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Does anyone know how common Missed Miscarriages are?

I had a MMC
was confirmed at 12+5
baby had actually died at 10wks
That was in Nov 07
xx

Eternal rose, i know why you made this post, and i am feeling exactly the same. I started off being too positive about my pregnancy but just go's to show its completely out of our hands! I have been getting cramping, and sore boobs, not much else really. I did feel sick for the first time this morning! Yet im now starting to think i should be feeling alot more symptons and alot worse as to be honest i am not feeling any different to pre-pregnancy and i have packed in the fags, i still have loads of energy and am happy and chirpy! Now i have worried myself and OH for that matter!! Fingers crossed for us all ey! :thumbup::hugs:

Eternal rose, i know why you made this post, and i am feeling exactly the same. I started off being too positive about my pregnancy but just go's to show its completely out of our hands! I have been getting cramping, and sore boobs, not much else really. I did feel sick for the first time this morning! Yet im now starting to think i should be feeling alot more symptons and alot worse as to be honest i am not feeling any different to pre-pregnancy and i have packed in the fags, i still have loads of energy and am happy and chirpy! Now i have worried myself and OH for that matter!! Fingers crossed for us all ey! :thumbup::hugs:

Hun, I am never satisfied If I am too ill I feel something is wrong if I have no symptoms I feel something is wrong. I have decided to put back my private scan till next week, this clutching at nothing feeling is doing me no good and i just NEED to see a heartbeat for a little bit of peace of mind..

Hun, I am never satisfied If I am too ill I feel something is wrong if I have no symptoms I feel something is wrong. I have decided to put back my private scan till next week, this clutching at nothing feeling is doing me no good and i just NEED to see a heartbeat for a little bit of peace of mind..

Its the best way hun, i agree. I am going to wait for my referel to come through the post and depending on the date will then book my private scan xx

From my experience, which was a good 3 years ago now but remember it like it was yesterday, i didnt get cramping and bleeding till i was actually losing the baby. i found out at 11 weeks baby had stopped growing a few weeks back. But even at that i was brought back for 2 consecutive scans (one week apart) to make sure no growth had occured! I didnt lose my symptoms but then again i didnt particularly have any to begin with.

Unless any bleeding you get has clots in it, or the cramping is unbearable i wouldnt worry.

Besides as the doctor said to me, if this is going to happen it will and noone can do anything about it. Terrified me at the time but this time round i thought well the doctors are right, you can do everything right and something can still go wrong so there is no point in worrying. if that makes sense (hope you get what i mean)

xx

I had a mmc in sept last year. I went to my 12 week scan and they told me i was expecting twins but they had died at 9 weeks. I miscarried naturally a week later. I did loose my symptoms around that time but never really thoiught anything of it. im now overly worried with this pregnancy. xx

oh honey, you are not alone in your worries. The fear of a mmc has been the bain of my pregnancy. It seems so cruel and twisted. MC is awful enough without the thought you might not even be aware it's happened :'(
I had a similar thing to you when I was 9 weeks. I had bad cramping on the Friday and a bit again on the Monday and my symptoms seemed to dissapear overnight. Called midwife. In hysterics and she sent me to the early pregnancy unit at my local hospital and I had an emergency scan and urine analysis. Thankfully, everything was fine. Good Luck xxxx

I am so scared!!! I had an argument with my mum and my boyfriend yesterday :(:(:( grrr!!
And i was so stressed and frustrated, shouting and crying!
I then got in the bath and sobbed and sobbed and sobbed, i was litrally screaming, i think because i was scared i was going to lose the baby because of the arguments and stress, which made me worse, i was even sick because i was crying so much. I was just certain i was going to lose it!
Now i am terrified that this is it, in a few days i will just start bleeding and then its all going to be over!!
My pregnancy symptoms also dont seem to be as strong as they were last week, in this last week that have become a little less, i still feel a little nausea but not much, and my boobs dont hurt as much as they did.
I have had slight cramping (if i can call it that) this morning.
Energy is still zero...!
I know that you can have a miscarriage for many reason, but being stressed and upset is not gonna help, and now i cant get it out of my head that i am now going to lose this baby!! Arghhhh its doing me swede in lol.
I hope that you are all ok, and everything is fine and this worry period is soon over hopefully:) x

Thanks ladies for all your lovely replies, and sorry to the ladies that have experienced losses. I wouldnt know what id do without this site.

How hard is your pubic area meant to feel?

I'm worried sick about mmc & can't wait for my scan. But I'm a born worrier - once I've had the scan and I'm praying everything is ok....well I'll find something else to worry about :S

Oh no I shouldn't have read this post :sad2: Scan on Thursday and scared silly :wacko:

This thread has really scared me too! Arggggh. I dont have many symptoms and my pubic area is not hard! Is it supposed to be??

I must admit i was scared by this as well at first but did you notice the tickers?? Everyone of these ladies had reached the 3rd tri and some have had there babies now . . . So i guess its not as common as we all fear :hug:

I noticed that too but I'm still scared silly by this thread. Doctors don't seem to care about your pregnancy until you hit 12 weeks. My first appointment isn't for another month and that's a long time to wonder if bub is actually growing. I'm starting to wish we were back in my mother's day when you had to wait until the second missed period to confirm a pregnancy. So much worry!

And what do they even mean by hard pubic area? Isn't there bone underneath?

They are referring too when your uterous "pops" out over your pubic bone. Before 12 weeks (although not sure of time at all - could be much later!) baby in womb is behind your pubic bone - I remember very clearly feeling the top of my womb in my last pregnancy as baby started to grow and nudge his way outwards and upwards!

I cant feel anything hard im sooo worried i have my scan on thurs x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"