Does anyone know their largest pool of fluid measurement?

kitty_el

Pregnant with number 3 😄
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I had a scan today as baby is small and I had reduced movements.
The sonographer checked fluid and blood flow.
Scan showed the deepest pool of amniotic fluid is 4cm - they said this was on the lower end of normal but fine. I have tried googling the measurement but it seems most places look at all the fluid to give a total measurement.
Does anyone have their fluid measurements for the deepest pool?

Thank you :) xx

My deepest was 10cm which she said was at the top end of normal. This was at 32 weeks and I have to go for a scan next week at 36wks to check again. She did say theres not much they actually do about it. I have no idea what it means or anything!

My largest is 4.7cm.

I wasn't told anything else about it. Hope it is nothing to worry about xxx

Thanks for the reply, all these different measurements are so confusing. I think the majority of places now measure the AFI rather than the deepest pool which is why I can't find much info.
I think between 3 & 8cm is 'normal' for the deepest pool although I'm not 100% sure.
Do you feel like you have too much fluid, are u measuring bigger?

I just googled it and 2cm is low and the average is about 5cm...apparently.

x

My largest is 4.7cm.

I wasn't told anything else about it. Hope it is nothing to worry about xxx

I think less than 3cm is classed as low although I'm not sure. I wish they explained things better!!

I just googled it and 2cm is low and the average is about 5cm...apparently.

x

Thank you, I have been googling for ages and couldn't find an average. I feel better knowing that 4 is almost average xx

I dont feel any bigger than my first two pregnancies although at 34wks, the midwife wrote in my notes that I was measuring 36 (she didn't even measure fundal height, just had a feel.)

I've had low fluid with both my pregnancies. Am 35 w with second and deepest pool Thursday was 3cm. They are keeping a close eye on it and I'm being scanned agin Thursday. With my first it dropped from 5.2 to 4 something in a few days so they kept a close eye then.

Coupled with fluid I have dopplers for blood flow to baby and growth scans.

My first was emcs after I felt reduced fetal movement. She was also not growing enough between scans and Doppler flow and fluid was reducing.
Thus time though fluid is low growth is consistent between scans (albeit a small baby) and movements fine they are happy to just keep monitoring.

I guess just fluid alone isn't all they look at. Do you have any other info?:shrug:

At my last scan (31weeks), my deepest pool was 5cm. The sonographer told me if you have 2cm or less is when they want to investigate further. I was surprised mine was 5, as I'd been leaking for almost three days.

I've had low fluid with both my pregnancies. Am 35 w with second and deepest pool Thursday was 3cm. They are keeping a close eye on it and I'm being scanned agin Thursday. With my first it dropped from 5.2 to 4 something in a few days so they kept a close eye then.

My first was emcs after I felt reduced fetal movement. She was also not growing enough between scans and Doppler flow and fluid was reducing.
Thus time though fluid is low growth is consistent between scans (albeit a small baby) and movements fine they are happy to just keep monitoring.

I guess just fluid alone isn't all they look at. Do you have any other info?:shrug:

Thanks for the reply, it's good they are keeping a close eye on you. I have been having fortnightly growth scans and weekly Doppler scans since 28 weeks. Baby dropped from 10th - 5th centile at 32 weeks and has been following the 5th line since then. Fluid has always been 5-6cm and was 5.2 on Wednesday but had dropped to 4cm yesterday. I am being scanned again on Wednesday. I have had reduced movements for the last couple of weeks although the CTG monitoring has showed good movements.
How big is your baby measuring this time?

Mine was 3.7 at 28w3d.

Can you gain amniotic fluid as well as loosing it?

Mine was 3.7 at 28w3d.

Can you gain amniotic fluid as well as loosing it?

I think it can fluctuate and apparently you can increase it by drinking more fluid, although I've read this is actually a myth.

Thanks for the reply, it's good they are keeping a close eye on you. I have been having fortnightly growth scans and weekly Doppler scans since 28 weeks. Baby dropped from 10th - 5th centile at 32 weeks and has been following the 5th line since then. Fluid has always been 5-6cm and was 5.2 on Wednesday but had dropped to 4cm yesterday. I am being scanned again on Wednesday. I have had reduced movements for the last couple of weeks although the CTG monitoring has showed good movements.

Hey again,
How did your scan go today? I have mine tomorrow. I hope they give you some good news :)

Like you, I am on the 5th percentile. I think DD was also fifth but then got stuck! She wasn't growing and when born was like 2nd percentile. She is a happy healthy and very very smart 3.5yr old now.

I also have told them of reduced movement. They've done a few ctg"s and they seem to show good movement and good HB. This time baby is growing between scans ( unlike DD) albeit 5th percentile and last week at 35w only 4lb 15oz

Keep me posted on how today goes :)

Just to update. I had another scan today and my deepest pool is now 5.2 so has increased!

X

Congrats broody pants! Good news. What did you do diff if anything? :)

Hey again,
How did your scan go today? I have mine tomorrow. I hope they give you some good news :)

Like you, I am on the 5th percentile. I think DD was also fifth but then got stuck! She wasn't growing and when born was like 2nd percentile. She is a happy healthy and very very smart 3.5yr old now.

I also have told them of reduced movement. They've done a few ctg"s and they seem to show good movement and good HB. This time baby is growing between scans ( unlike DD) albeit 5th percentile and last week at 35w only 4lb 15oz

Keep me posted on how today goes :)

Hi Minimin, I have just got back from the hospital. My fluid was still low, there was one pool of fluid measuring 5.9cm but that was it. The doctor came to speak to me and wanted to induce me today but the consultant decided she wanted to wait until next Wednesday - so I have been booked in for an induction in a week when I will be 38+1. I have to go for scans on Friday & Monday to check the fluid.
The doctor gave me in her words 'a very good membrame sweep' so she is hoping things get moving before then.

My baby was measuring 4lb 9 and just below 5th centile at 36 weeks so she is a similar size to your baby.

Good luck for tomorrow, please let me know how you get on xxx

Hey Kitty!
Ta for your update. I think I may have similar news to you tomorrow as my deepest pool last week was around 3.3/3.5cm. Tomorrow f it is still low I may be motnitored for one more week to hit 37 and then start things.

How do you feel about induction? Sweep etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->