Does anyone know WHY you are super fertile after birth?

Gabrielle

Mum of 2! Pg with # 3!
Reaction score
Okay so they keep saying your SUPER FERTILE after giving birth........but ummmm I'd like to know WHY!!!!!!

It doesnt say why, just says you are. Does anyone know why???? THanks:hugs:

I'm postpartum 4weeks and we bd last week twice with just withdrawal method. I noticed some ewcm like i have with ovulation and I'm not breasfeeding so am freaking out just a tad. Thanks girls.

I'm not sure why but obviously its true, look at me lol. I hope someone can answer your question, sorry I cant help :hugs: xxx

:wacko: you got me thinking so sad as I am googled it at 11pm haha and sadly cant see any answers :shrug: I do know that many womens cycle does not return to normal ASAP esp if BF'ding so ovulation may occur at different times than previously, maybe the 'ovulation window' is longer?. The womb, cervix and utereus may also be more ready to host a wee bean as the hormones and lining will still be in your system - kind of like a pre-made home? Im just guessing to be honest but will keep my eyes peeled.

I have heard of girls having baby no2 come along a few months after no1, so hopefully its a bit too soon in your case and you'll be ok this time around x

I wonder this!
I also wonder why we have a period every month. Does nature intend us to get pregnant THAT often?
Also, breastfeeding delays ovulation by about 6 months, even if you are still BFing. Does nature think we should ger pg 6 months after we gave birth???
:headspin:

i would also LOVE to know the answer to this!!!! ive been having spotting & cramps =/

You're not actually "super fertile" as there's not really such a thing. What's problematic is that you won't know when you're going to Ovulate. So although you think you're not having your periods you could all of a sudden ovulate and not even realize it. Also remember that naturally women become much more aroused when they are ovulating (nature's way of saying make me a baby! lol) So while maybe you haven't had sex in 4-5 weeks when all of a sudden the women feels in the mood WHAM sex happens without thinking about the condom as obviously you haven't had to think about it for 9 months (and for many others longer than that in the lead up to conceiving.)

Does that make sense?

I dont know...all I know is that it happened to me! I had a baby March 26th 2010..and another one March 11th 2011!! That made me 9/10 weeks PP when I got preggers!

I'm not quite sure why, the mw mentioned it a few times.
My surprise baby arrived when my firstborn was 14 months.
I know the exact moment he was concieved haha
Its probably because all your hormones are still up in the air,
x

I'm not in this catagory I'm 13 weeks post partum and still no baby.. or af...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->