Does anyone know??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by PrEgSeCoNdJoY, Apr 8, 2009.

1. PrEgSeCoNdJoY

PrEgSeCoNdJoY Well-Known Member

I have an appt tomorrow, and im in the states i will be 6+6 will they scan or even try to hear or see the HB?? i have been waiting sooo long and i really want to hear the HB!!

2. aimee-lou

aimee-lou Totally Outnumbered!!

Sorry don't know.....I know over here in the UK they wouldn't scan you that early unless you specifically needed it.

Hope the app goes well. x

3. jem_5500

jem_5500 Well-Known Member

it varies from person to person. I had a scan to rule out ectopic at 6 weeks and they saw heartbeat but i know it is different if ytou read ppls stories on here. You may see it it will literally be a pulsating blob but if not dont worry. I had an internal scan as well coz doc said they would see much otherwise. Good luck!

4. PrEgSeCoNdJoY

i don't know, there may be a chance of an ectopic due to me having had an IUD for over a year!!that's why i was wondering i guess i need to express that to the ob and maybe he will scan just to be sure!!?? what do u think ??

5. jem_5500

jem_5500 Well-Known Member

I had severe painin my tummy which is why I was scanned they said ti was either ectopic or a cyst turned out to be a cyst, I think unless there is any major probs then if norm is 12 weeks u will prob be scanned then, be pleased if so as it means they not worried :) I know ppl that have had early scans with mc etc so i think it depends on your history.

6. caitlenc

caitlenc Mommy to Tiny Seahorse

You wil most likely SEE the heartbeat, but it is doubtful you will hear it. GL!

7. Janiepops

Janiepops Mum of 2 :)

I had a scan at 6 weeks and there was only a sac, then saw a tiiiny heartbeat at 7+4. But everyone's different! Definitely will see something if they scan you, but it's far too early to hear the heartbeat with a doppler. Good luck xx

8. PrEgSeCoNdJoY

its been a while since i done this as i was preg 3 years ago with Valerie and i really cant remember much from then!!