Does Anyone know...

Dizzy321

very proud mammy to 3!
Reaction score
how to remove the black stuff from an iron please? what is it? its marking all my clothes, thrown loads of stuff out while I was ironing :growlmad:

Pour white vinegar on an old cloth and with a hot iron, iron the old cloth. Everything will come right off onto the old cloth. Depending on how much you have you may have to turn the cloth over and use the other side.

I use water and see those metal things you use to clean pans lol :rofl: its work lol

Turn the iron up to full heat, then use a sponge scourer soaked in water - the abrasive scourer will remove the baked on stuff whcih will have been softened by the full heat.

Just be CAREFUL not to scald yourself, and make sure you keep dipping the sponge in cold water, as it will heat up and dry out as you are doing it!

I had the same problem a while back and found that vinegar on its own didn't do the trick. So what I did was make a paste from salt & vinegar and worked it onto the iron with a sponge (take care to avoid the holes though!). The salt acted as an abrasive and it's now shiny & looks brand new!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->