Does anyone know??

Discussion in 'Miscarriage Support' started by Yvonne, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Yvonne

Yvonne Well-Known Member

My cousin went for her 12 week scan yesterday, when she got there there was no baby!!
    The sac was there and the right size for her gestation so that must be growing but there was no baby

She has had no bleeding, no pain or anything she has felt normal and you can imagine its quite a shock for her especially when she went expecting a normal scan.

Does anyone know what could have happened, she doesn't think it a miscarriage but the hospital said she will just pass the sac in a few days.

Someone mentioned that the baby could have been absorbed by her at an early stage??

2. Wobbles

Wobbles BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired

3. angiemum2b

angiemum2b Well-Known Member

i had a missed miscarriage which they said was a silent miscarriage , but the baby was still in the sac.

i hadn't had any pain or bleeding i had nothing and went for my 11 week scan and baby had no heart beat, i asked how this could happen and they said it's just one of those things.!

i hope your cousin is ok hunni, x :hugs:

4. KX

KX Well-Known Member

Oh yvonne, how terrible.

No advice or knowledge but big :hugs:

5. Jo-anne

Jo-anne Well-Known Member

Yvonne this happened to me too hun.

The hospital's reply was the same as angiemum2b oh well one of those things.

Big hugs to you and your friend hun :hugs: