Does anyone sing?

Nathyrra

Levi's Mammy
Reaction score
Either professionally or just enjoy doing it in the shower!

I have completely and utterly lost my singing voice. Since about 28 weeks or so. It cracks and I can't hold a note! Now I'm a wee bit worried as this is how I make a living. I seriously right now sound like I should be on one of these Youtube compilations of the world's worst x factor auditions lmao.

Please tell me this is part of pregnancy and will come back again? Anyone care to try out their pipes to see if it's not just me affected? :rofl:

Aww hun, I hope it is just a side effect & u regain ur voice! I have never been able to carry a tune :rofl: so I'm not much help on this :flower: x

I think you'll be fine when baby comes. I love karaoke and a few weeks ago I was at a pampered chef party at a friends house when we broke out the karaoke machine. All was well until we tried to sing 'two out of three aint bad' I swear there just wasn't room for expansion :lol: and my baby was transverse so not even putting full pressure on.

I do what can vaguely be called singing in the shower, I'm sure oh can think of other words for it :rofl: I'm sure it will come back for you hun after pregnancy, have you been keeping up on your vocal training? I wish I could sing, hell I practice a lot you would have though I would have improved by now :haha:

It may be because your chi is being diverted from your lungs/throat to support your uterus and growing baby- I'm sure an acupuncturist could verify this for you. I had severe laryngitis 5y ago and was a singer at the time- after 6 weeks of complete muteness my spoken voice was fixed within the 45 min acupuncture treatment and the day after I saw my music teacher and found my voice had gone up an octave!
Point is, your voice loss is definitely only a temporary loss because your energy is being channelled elsewhere- if its slow to return after your baby's birth, its nothing an experienced acupuncturist couldnt sort out!
Good luck!

Hi Nathyrra,

I've delurked to post a response because I'm suffering from the same problem! I sing and play bass in a band and since about 20 weeks, singing has been a real struggle for me. I think it has to do with reduced lung capacity and chest resonance. Every now and then, I can still get on pitch, but most of the time my voice is all over the place.

I'm thinking it will go away after I give birth. (It better!) :)

Hehe thanks girls!

Cantwait1 - I didn't even consider acupuncture! definitely something to look into if it doesn't come back on it's own after the birth. :hugs:

vaniilla - I am guilty of not really keeping ontop of the singing. Since week 23ish baby went super high and made it impossible to breathe and sing at the same time, as I had terrible rib pain during this time. It's only been the last 10 days or so since he's dropped that I can get a decent breath in and to my horror some adolescent male voice greeted me instead. :rofl:

Hey Cypherluana and welcome to the site! :D phew I'm somewhat relieved that I'm not the only one. That will just reaffirm that it's probably a pregnant lady problem rather than a 'me' problem. Do you find the bass hard to play too? I'm having a hard time also holding my guitar and pacing myself with it, I get so out of breath! My voice usually starts in the right key then goes up and down all over the place after that!

Hehe thanks girls!

Cantwait1 - I didn't even consider acupuncture! definitely something to look into if it doesn't come back on it's own after the birth. :hugs:

vaniilla - I am guilty of not really keeping ontop of the singing. Since week 23ish baby went super high and made it impossible to breathe and sing at the same time, as I had terrible rib pain during this time. It's only been the last 10 days or so since he's dropped that I can get a decent breath in and to my horror some adolescent male voice greeted me instead. :rofl:

Hey Cypherluana and welcome to the site! :D phew I'm somewhat relieved that I'm not the only one. That will just reaffirm that it's probably a pregnant lady problem rather than a 'me' problem. Do you find the bass hard to play too? I'm having a hard time also holding my guitar and pacing myself with it, I get so out of breath! My voice usually starts in the right key then goes up and down all over the place after that!

:rofl: oh dear, I'm sure it'll come back, in the mean time use it to your advantage to entertain loved ones, what kind of music do you sing by the way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"